Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh house name?

Shaw house - not sure back.JPG

Appears to be a name or location of a house, pembroke seems most likely, if anyone can read it

Looks as though it starts "Y Llan..." ("the parish..."). My best guess at the entire word is "Y Llantwey", but nothing comes up on Google for that. Is there any more writing on the doc for comparison?
    Last edited by Richard in Perth; 24-05-17, 06:52.

Comment

Hi, I think the last part of the word is" ____oswestry, if I am right ??????,or this spelling of the place I seen many years ago Oswestrey, is a market town on the Welsh border in Shropshire.

Robert

Comment

I have no idea. It's the reverse of a photo of a house. No other writing.

Comment

Hi kylejustin, can you show the other side, it might give a clue or two.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by maesglasssclub View Post
            Hi kylejustin, can you show the other side, it might give a clue or two.

Robert
            LOL, not if it was sent by a couple of elderly folk I know. Over the years they have accumulated a vast collection of postcards bought as holiday mementos and now just grab a handful before going away and use these to send a card to friends. I had one a couple of months ago with a picture of somewhere in Norfolk. On the back it had "greetings from the Eastern counties" with the addendum "and North Wales" :D which is where they were holidaying.

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
            X