Don Cockell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Cockell

Hi I really need some help , I am trying to find the link to Don Cockell , my dad and his brothers have been told that they are related to Don , I can not find the link , funny thing is my brother looks like him. Please can anyone help . Thanks

Am I the only person who has no idea who Don Cockell is? Sorry Tracy but you'll need to give us a few more clues but don't forget you can't put details of living people on here. People who might be able to help can send you a PM (private message).

Meanwhile, there are no shortcuts to finding family connections. You need to work back from your father generation by generation and the work sideways to find distant cousins. You could also try researching Don Cockell's family back and sideways to see if there is any common ground.
    Anne

Comment

me too I have no idea either!
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

for those that don't know

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

The replies on your Blog about Don Cockell seem to be very helpful. Did you contact any of them?
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sorry, I have since realised that it wasn't your blog.

Comment

I have paid a geneoligist and she can not find a link , however I know we are related to him , thing is I understand that people sometimes used different names . Don cockell was a famous boxer , in answer to your question

Comment

Sorry - but if you can't find a link and neither can a professional genealogist, then how can you "know" there is a link?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                  Sorry - but if you can't find a link and neither can a professional genealogist, then how can you "know" there is a link?

OC
                  Because all my dads brothers and cousins have been told the same things and my brother looks like him

Comment

Plus the person I paid did it as a hobby , not sure if that makes a difference , and don't forget they used different names back then , for instance my mu was Ann but her brith name was Shelia

Comment

If I have the right family for you I cant see an immediate connection Tracy. If you want to try though you need to make a tree of Donald John Cockell born 22/9/1928 (Don Cockell), and start with his mother Mary Ann Katherine Cockell born 31/3/1904 (Registered - Births Jun 1904 - Mary Ann K Cockell - Wandsworth ref 1d 644.

Comment

Here is his birth registration
                        Donald J Cockell
                        Mother's Maiden Surname: Cockell
                        Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1928
                        Registration district: Wandsworth
                        Inferred County: London
                        Volume Number: 1d
                        Page Number: 694

from this it appears he was illegitimate.
                        Margaret

Comment

There are 10 trees on ancestry with Don in them. You need to have a look at all of these to see if your father is related to any of the Cockell line. Some of these trees are wildly inaccurate so you need to check out carefully any information you find that seems to give a connection.
                          Margaret

Comment

Thank you I have had my fathers tree done , but I think I will need to speak to Don son peter , and maybe he may be able to shed some light for me. I still find it odd that my brother looks like Don when don was young

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                            There are 10 trees on ancestry with Don in them. You need to have a look at all of these to see if your father is related to any of the Cockell line. Some of these trees are wildly inaccurate so you need to check out carefully any information you find that seems to give a connection.
                            Margaret

Comment

Where do I find the tree . Kind regards Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by Tracyann View Post
                                Where do I find the tree . Kind regards Tracy
                                This is the link to the page with the various trees on that Margaret is talking about Tracy -

Comment

I should warn you Tracy that some of those trees even have the wrong mother for him. I have been looking at the Cockell family for the last couple of days, and now that the 1939 register is available it's been easier to spot some things. One is the confirmation that the person I gave as his mother above is the right one.

Comment

In case the helpers haven't spotted the other thread about Don: https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...o-find-someone
                                    Caroline
                                    Caroline's Family History Pages
                                    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

If you want to trace the mother of Donald (Don) John Cocker back I believe this is his mother Mary Ann Cockell in 1881 - (Mary was unmarried when she had him)
                                      Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-05-17, 20:04.

Comment

And in 1891 with both parents (mother Martha nee Cooley) - mother was in hospital with small pox in 1881 -

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Comment

Working...
                                        X