FTM unsynced tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM unsynced tree

I made a boob and somehow the wrong tree got synced to Ancestry? dont ask me how,so I deleted the wrong tree and tried to sync the right one but of course nothing can be synced now till the new 2017 is up and running.
    Question is I am supposed to be one of the new testers boo hoo, but suppose thats not possible if my tree isn't linked to Ancestry?
    When the new 2017 is available I will be able to sync then wont I??

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    I made a boob and somehow the wrong tree got synced to Ancestry? dont ask me how,so I deleted the wrong tree and tried to sync the right one but of course nothing can be synced now till the new 2017 is up and running.
    Question is I am supposed to be one of the new testers boo hoo, but suppose thats not possible if my tree isn't linked to Ancestry?
    Val, you need to contact Live Chat. I believe the link is in an email with instructions that you will have received? I don't know, I'm not a tester.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I feel so stupid Caroline, but I suppose thats the best way thanks.

Comment

I feel so stupid Caroline, but I suppose thats the best way thanks.
        Judging by what I have read on the FB pages, other people have had trouble so it's not necessarily anything you did. Because of the agreements, nobody else can hep you even if they know!! Have you found any of the groups on FB to read about what's been happening??

If you could not find your answer in our Support Center, and your question is urgent, we'd be happy to have a support agent assist you in a Live Chat (http://www.mackiev.com/techsupport/ftm/livechat.h
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks Caroline thats good to know it may not be me, shall look at that

Comment

I thought you said you had been accepted for beta testing - did you get the link to download FTM2017?
            Elaine

Comment

Well I think they want all kinds of testing so people with linked trees people without so they can see how it all works. LiveChat are very helpful I had an issue installing and they got me straight very quickly and easily.
              Margaret

Comment

hi Elaine yes I did but have not looked at it yet ,as I assumed I would not be able to use it, anyway I'm a clot I suddenly realised my tree is synced on the other desktop, I had forgot it can only be synced to one pc at the moment.
                Margaret I hadn't realised that, since I have had a virus my brain seems to have gone foggy.
                Thanks everyone.

Comment

To be honest Val, if you are concerned about the sync of your trees, rather than signing up for testing and possibly having to convert one of your existing trees to 2017 format, you may be better waiting until the program is officially released.
                  I keep thinking "it wont be long now" but still no definite date! :(
                  Elaine

Comment

I'm thinking maybe you are right, I was worried about losing all my media on there.
                    Thanks Elaine.

Comment

Working...
                    X