Military record for Henry Isaac Nash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military record for Henry Isaac Nash

Could someone have a quick peek at the military record for Henry Isaac Nash on FMP (b 1856) Chelsea Pensioner and see if there is a death recorded for him - he is missing in 1891 and wife Eliza is a widow in 1901.

Many thanks

Oh - no need, I seem to be able to get it!
    Last edited by ozgirl; 08-05-17, 17:23.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

After all that, no record of his death, just his leaving the forces due to no longer being medically fit in 1886. The only possible death I can see which is close to fitting is Henry Nash in Reading Mar Q 1887. Can anyone find anything else?
    Linda

Comment

Not seeing a likely death but a possibility for 1891 on FMP

Henry Nash, Lodger, aged 33, married b 1858, occ Agent
      No Place of birth on trans but image records Liverpool?

Vera

Comment

Interesting lot of records there - the 1891 for the lodger is good, apart from place of birth, as he was born in Kennington, London - however mistakes are not unknown. The fact that he is an agent is also intriguing as his father in law worked for the Pru and a lot of the family became insurance agents. So the possibility is that he had gone back to London to sell insurance, maybe? I'm not too sure about the one in the Hospital - he is down as "imbecile" and single, but again who knows. I wonder though if he is the Henry Nash death in 1900 that you found Val - are they in the same area?

I did wonder if his death had been mistranscribed in some way, but just searching for Henry Isaac didn't bring up anything worthwhile. On his military forms he is down as a Congregationalist, but surely the Death Register would still apply.

Thanks for your help.
        Last edited by ozgirl; 09-05-17, 12:45.
        Linda

Comment

after I posted that death I looked on Ancestry and most people had that death attached to him? but of course they could all have copied each other.

Comment

Been having a look at those online trees, and there are errors on all of them - some of them have the wrong mother, none of them have the correct death for her, nor the fact that the father remarried, and his death date is also incorrect. Doesn't make me feel too hopeful. There is still a possibility that the death in 1900 is him, but as he is a distant married in twig, I don't think it warrants getting the cert for him. Will put it down as a possibility, and maybe some day something more will come on line to help confirm it.

Thanks again
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X