Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for information about the parents of mary jane oliver (1837)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information about the parents of mary jane oliver (1837)...

The only information I have is their first names JAMES OLIVER and SARAH (UNKNOWN SURNAME)... I know they lived in NEW YORK USA at one point and that their daughter MARY JANE OLIVER (1837) was born there... they then moved to Guelph Ontario Canada... Their daughter Mary Jane would marry VERNAL SUMNER CROOKS and settle in Lincoln Ontario Canada...Its specifically James and Sarah that I'm looking for info. about...

Hey Paddy.. what kind of info are you looking for for James & Mary Jane? do you subscribe to ancestry at all?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy_Tyne View Post
      The only information I have is their first names JAMES OLIVER and SARAH (UNKNOWN SURNAME)... I know they lived in NEW YORK USA at one point and that their daughter MARY JANE OLIVER (1837) was born there... they then moved to Guelph Ontario Canada... Their daughter Mary Jane would marry VERNAL SUMNER CROOKS and settle in Lincoln Ontario Canada...Its specifically James and Sarah that I'm looking for info. about...
      Did Mary Jane Oliver have an older sister, Rachel, born Guelph Ontario in 1835? If so, and this link refers to the same family, then Sarah's maiden name was Dyer:
      A history of the descendants of John Kirby of Middletown, Conn. and of Joseph Kirby of Hartford, Conn., and of Richard Kirby of Sandwich, Mass. Together with genealogies of the Burgis, White and Maclaren families, and the Ancestry of John Drake of Windsor, Conn.

There are a few other references online saying that Mary Jane Oliver was born in Guelph, Ontario, and not New York as you say.

Christine
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I access ancestry library edition at my local branch... It's information about Sarah that I'm looking for, other then her first name I know nothing about her... The 1891 Canada census lists Mary Jane's POB as the USA.. Thanks to both of you for your help...

Comment

I'm not sure if Mary Jane had a sister named Rachel..

Comment

Working...
          X