Where did she go to after 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did she go to after 1891

I have Rebecca C Walters on all census' until 1891. I just cannot find her on the 1901 0r 1911, I know she should be on them as she was alive until 1913 in Devon. She was born Rebecca Carne Bryant, 1858/1859 in Cornwall and married Frederick John Walters in 1886, he died in 1892. There is no evidence that she remarried as she was still Walters when she passed away in Devon. Her son Frederick born 1890 Exeter is on the 1901 in Plymouth at school and in 1911 he is in Plymouth in the navy, no sign of Rebecca, please can you find her?

sunny r

only one I could find in 1901 is this one but its hardly likely is it ?

Rebecca Waters Head Widow Female 40 1861 Lelant, Cornwall, England
    William J Waters Son Single Male 18 1883 Tin Miner Lelant, Cornwall, England
    Elizabeth Waters Daughter Single Female 15 1886 Tin Stream Cornwall, England
    George Waters Son Single Male 12 1889 Ludgvan, Cornwall, England
    Clara E Waters Daughter Single Female 9 1892 Cornwall, England
    Ethel May Waters Daughter Single Female 4 1897 Illogan, Cornwall, England

living in

Rosekear Crofts Roscroggan, Camborne, Redruth, Cornwall, England

Comment

no luck anywhere sorry, maybe she was in an institution so I looked under initials only too.

Comment

Thanks Val. I looked for her daughter Edith Rebecca in 1901 and she was a visitor at her future hubby's , I also found her on the 1911 as Edith Farley, just on the off chance that Rebecca may be with them. No Luck., I have found them on other trees, but they havent got rebecca on the 1901/1911 either.
        sunny r

Comment

Absolutely no luck with this one up to now Rosy. I did look last night but could only find the same one as Val :(
          Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Strange isnt it. I have looked right through the Devonshire County Asylum on the 1901 census in case she was there. No luck. Will now look at the 1911 there. Just in case.
            thanks for looking Kat

Comment

How about this one http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=5
              Transcribed as Walker.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                How about this one http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...iv=1&ml_rpos=5
                Transcribed as Walker.
                Norfolk
                Margaret
                Are you sure the death you have in Devon is correct?

The 1901 has her as a Monthly Nurse on a farm in Norfolk.

Margaret

Comment

thats got to be her Margaret, well done

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    thats got to be her Margaret, well done
                    Well still looking in 1911. She had a son Edgar b1887 who was still with grandfather in 1901 and then is a boarder in 1911.

I do wonder if she got married after 1901 - I have known people be married again but then die in their first married name if the marriage didn't work out. If she married in Norfolk then went back to Devon she may not have told anyone of a marriage.

Margaret

Comment

I also found another daughter born 1892 the year her hubby died. Annie Elizabeth Walters born 1892 Cremyll, Cornwall, in 1901 she was at a boarding school and she died aged 12 in 1904. So looks like Rebecca was away from her children for a long time.
                      I do think it likely that it is her in Norfolk Margaret, her birth place was certainly correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
                        I also found another daughter born 1892 the year her hubby died. Annie Elizabeth Walters born 1892 Cremyll, Cornwall, in 1901 she was at a boarding school and she died aged 12 in 1904. So looks like Rebecca was away from her children for a long time.
                        I do think it likely that it is her in Norfolk Margaret, her birth place was certainly correct.
                        Well yes, that's what struck me, plus she is shown as Widow. The only thing now is whether the death you have in Devon is correct. Have you got the death certificate or is it just the index you are going by?

Margaret
                        Last edited by margaretmarch; 29-04-17, 15:36.

Comment

Just found Fred born 1890 in GRO index
                          WALTERS, FRED BRYANT Order
                          GRO Reference: 1890 J Quarter in ST GERMANS Volume 05C Page 34

Margaret

Comment

Just from the index and the fact that it was given on two family trees, of course they could be wrong too. Maybe they have only taken the info from the index like me

s rosy

Comment

Yes that's her son Frederick , didnt know he had Bryant as second name tho, he settled in Exeter, Devon. I am researching Frederick's grandson Frederick born 1940 tree.

sunny r

Comment

If the one that Margaret found in 1901 is correct, I think this is the same Rebecca in 1911. She's a workhouse nurse at East Stonehouse Workhouse in Devon. Born c1853 in Maker, Cornwall and transcribed as Rebecca Walkers on Ancestry

Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Rosy View Post
                                  Yes that's her son Frederick , didnt know he had Bryant as second name tho, he settled in Exeter, Devon. I am researching Frederick's grandson Frederick born 1940 tree.

sunny r
                                  Sorry it's not his name Bryant is mother's maiden name I copied and pasted it from the GRO index but forgot to put 'MMN' in front of Bryant :o

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                                    If the one that Margaret found in 1901 is correct, I think this is the same Rebecca in 1911. She's a workhouse nurse at East Stonehouse Workhouse in Devon. Born c1853 in Maker, Cornwall and transcribed as Rebecca Walkers on Ancestry

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...off=&ml_rpos=1
                                    Great that's cracked it - age is out a bit but what the heck! That fits with the death in the same District too.

Margaret

Comment

YEhhhhh I am thrilled to bits that you have found her for me. Thanks everyone, I did search with her name as Walkers but of course not that birthdate on the 1911. Shall bear that in mind for future ref:

sunny r

Comment

wow thats great Sunny, glad she's been found, funny how in 1911 she has aged a few years ,I was looking for a birth between 1859 and 1861 ,as its unusual in my experience for a woman to add years to her age instead of taking them off.
                                        Last edited by Guest; 29-04-17, 18:55.

Comment

Working...
                                        X