Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when I accept a Find My Past record in Family Historian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when I accept a Find My Past record in Family Historian?

Hello everyone
    I'm totally new to all this and have just bought Family Historian which incorporates Find My Past (with whom I'm doing a trial). When I look for Find My Past matches and then select "Review" on one of the matches in the results, if I then click on "Accept", it takes me back to the list of hints but the document I accepted has disappeared. I don't understand why it would do this, and I don't know how I can see it again.
    Could anyone enlighten me please?
    Many thanks!

In top left corner of list of hints there's a small oval with 'new'and a downward pointing arrow. click on the arrow and there are options to view new, accepted or rejected hints. Click on accepted and the one you accepted should appear.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

There is a Family Historian User Group which is accessed from the 'Help' menu on the top right of any screen in FH, you have to join but it is free and you will get all kinds of extra information to help you with any problems, lots of very knowledgeable people on there too who are always willing to help if you get stuck.
      Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
        In top left corner of list of hints there's a small oval with 'new'and a downward pointing arrow. click on the arrow and there are options to view new, accepted or rejected hints. Click on accepted and the one you accepted should appear.
        Thank you very much Judith!
        I guess the idea is that you download the document before you Accept it so you have a local copy of it (otherwise it seems a bit strange for it to disappear and for you to have to go and specifically find it again).
        Also, I've noticed that I don't always have the option to reject hints that are not relevant...
        Thanks again

Comment

Thank you very much - that is great, I hadn't realised that User Group existed. There's a lot to learn on this geneaology journey!

Comment

Working...
          X