Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving your records with Ancestry

Don't know if you all know this...I didn't

Make Instant Discoveries About Your Ancestors Here It’s no secret that we love free genealogy sites here at Family History Daily. But, we have to admit, we also like Ancestry.com. Next to FamilySearch.org, you’re not going to find a larger, more diverse genealogy website, and many of us are willing to pay their subscription fees for … Stop ‘Saving’ Records to Your Ancestry Tree Until You Read This Read More »

Linda

Well, yes I did know the records are only 'linked' to the tree. Anyone who has a paid sub can see those links so even if I pop my clogs others (who pay to do so) would still benefit from the linked records on my tree. ......... I hope!!!
    Anne

Comment

So important to have your research and data under your own control - keep it and copes of all documents on your own computer (properly backed up of course) using your preferred genealogy program and upload a copy to Ancestry (or other such site) if you want to share with others.

Good practice to keep paper copies as well - they are far more likely to last once you have gone !
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Of course I do have everything I want on my computer using Family Historian and my own system of files for copies of documents. I dislike attaching things to my own computer tree (just me!!). My foray into Ancestry and linking records there is designed for posterity! Its fair to say that I'm not finding much extra over and above what I already found and recorded on my computer and paper files. Just wanted it all 'out there' too. I don't do syncing either .... I'm a weird control freak that likes to do it all myself.

Anne

Comment

I did not know that, but have I read it right in assuming its okay if you are using FTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            I did not know that, but have I read it right in assuming its okay if you are using FTM.
            If you have synced your Ancestry tree to FTM then the attached records/images will be stored on your computer in the media folder.
            Elaine

Comment

phew thank goodness, thanks Elaine.

Comment

Working...
              X