Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder in Warwickshire Solihull Birmingham

Hi.

I am looking for relatives and family in Birmingham Warwickshire Solihull and surrounding areas. The last name is Ryder (Rydas) (Rider). My great grand mother is Hanna Last names were Hunt Her last Marriage was Mills. She has a son by the name Tom Mills. Her Sons names where Copeland and Harry(my Grandfather Thank you to those who found his Birth Record). If you have any idea or knowledge of any Living relatives in the UK would be greatly appreciated. I know it is a long shot but I have to keep trying.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 22-04-17, 07:48. Reason: corrected spelling

The correct spelling is Solihull

Comment

Gosh, I thought I posted a reply to this!

I am sure we gave you all the information about the living descendants when we looked at this previously. Kat put it on the ancestry tree I thought?

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
        I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Gosh, I thought I posted a reply to this!

I am sure we gave you all the information about the living descendants when we looked at this previously. Kat put it on the ancestry tree I thought?

OC
          It was there at one time. I have to look over the tree and go from there and fill in more. I am not sure at the time why it wasn't written down. Had a rough time with my accident and the medication. Now that is over with I can concentrate on doing whats right.

I have seen a few Messages you sent Olde Crone Holden and I see what you mean by what went on with family. So Now I am going to do what I can. Canada is not a big help so I am seeking assitance from the UK.

Comment

Lol, I did answer this! You have put an identical thread on the general board.

OC

Comment

Hi OC alot went on back then some which I do not remember some I do. Being away for a period of time I thought I would make a new start. With new people signed up maybe some one some here might know. I do not have the Ancestry up and running. I will have to take a look at what is there. Some one some where might know of some one with this last name(s). Yes I do have my Grandfathers Birth Certificate!!! I am making a frame for it now that I have some tools. As for the tree..... I will have to have a look. If info is missing then I will have to find out what it is. Like I said before I have to thank my wife for her strong support in what I went thru. I am also looking at getting a program that I can use on the computer to fill in and add pictures and notes.

Comment

This is the original thread from 2014 when we finally found Harry Ryder's birth. I think we managed to convince you in the end!

Hitting Brick Wall(s)
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Katarzyna View Post
                  This is the original thread from 2014 when we finally found Harry Ryder's birth. I think we managed to convince you in the end!

Hitting Brick Wall(s)
                  Yes it is Katarzyna!!! Like I have mentioned before Teresa and I want to get Ancestry up and running again and see what is there. Once we have written down (this time) LOL we will be looking further back in the family. Also I posted this so if any one who could possibly know a Ryder in the UK (not saying it could be) there just might be a chance I can talk to a cousin 3 maybe 4 maybe 5 times removed(if thats the right term. What Teresa and I want to find is Hana's parents and her birth record and such.

I do have to say the work That was done is beyond brilliant and overwhelming and nothing can be expressed enough in words on how much this means. Every one put this big mess (supposedly) into perspective. How it was done is beyond us. Just incredible totally awesome!!! Seeing it now with a clear head.... just beautiful!!
                  Last edited by tsr2007; 21-04-17, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
                    Originally posted by tsr2007 View Post
                    I stand corrected.
                    I have altered the spelling for you now both in the thread and in the title of the thread. [hope this helps]

Julie - Moderator
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by tsr2007 View Post
                      Yes it is Katarzyna!!! Like I have mentioned before Teresa and I want to get Ancestry up and running again and see what is there. Once we have written down (this time) LOL we will be looking further back in the family. Also I posted this so if any one who could possibly know a Ryder in the UK (not saying it could be) there just might be a chance I can talk to a cousin 3 maybe 4 maybe 5 times removed(if thats the right term. What Teresa and I want to find is Hana's parents and her birth record and such.

I do have to say the work That was done is beyond brilliant and overwhelming and nothing can be expressed enough in words on how much this means. Every one put this big mess (supposedly) into perspective. How it was done is beyond us. Just incredible totally awesome!!! Seeing it now with a clear head.... just beautiful!!
                      I think we thought this could have been Hannah with her parents and siblings???

post #44 on the link below

Jay
                      Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 22-04-17, 10:26.
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

This is your family tree on Ancestry if you haven't found it.

Ryder Family Tree1

You should be able to add all the census info that Janet has pointed out from the other thread to your tree once you have rejoined Ancestry.
                        Last edited by Katarzyna; 22-04-17, 11:39. Reason: afterthought
                        Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

This is a possible death for the Hannah Hunt born in the early 1830s.

Hannah Hunt
                          2nd quarter 1914
                          aged 83
                          Solihull 6d 850
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:
                          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Are these the parents of Hannah in 1881??

I think they are, going by Rosanna. However, Mrs Hunt is now Hannah (as she was in 1861) as opposed to Harriett, in 1871
                            1861 link https://www.ancestry.co.uk/interacti...&usePUBJs=true

IF so, then this could have been the marriage of Hannah's parents:
                            Henry Hunt & Hannah Chance Q2 1856 Bromsgrove
                            There are several births on the GRO index for Hunt children, with MMN Chance, including a Hannah, birth reg King's Norton Q1 1866 Also a Rosanna in 1860.

Jay
                            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Working...
                            X