Windows 10 charging for outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 charging for outlook

I hadn't realised when I activated this that unless I pay for office I cannot use it? after a free trial ,now its telling me I need to purchase office or outlook ??
    Is there a free outlook I can use? as I could not get my BT emails on windows mail,
    I should say I dont need Office anyway
    Last edited by Guest; 19-04-17, 10:16.

Why not get your BT email on the internet Val? Just connect to the BT site and go to the email tab. You don't need to download them to your computer at all. The storage on the web is unlimited and you can make folders for sorting the emails. They never get deleted unless you do it yourself. However I have a folder where I copy and paste the contents of emails I REALLY want to keep.
    Anne

Comment

thanks Anne, I know it sounds daft but I would like my own email programme , also when I have looked on the BT site only some of my emails have arrived there? I dont understand why outlook is free on my other machines yet I have to pay on here ?

Comment

I have never used Outlook for years even though it came with my now well out of date Office 2007. I don't need bells and whistles so have never been tempted to upgrade/renew it. What used to be known as Hotmail, a MS webmail offering was rebadged and revamped and called Windows Live mail. It is now known as outlook.com and uses Outlook components. See this link for a Wikipedia article on the service https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook.com

As far as I know, you can use parts of the Office online suite while logged in with their Outlook.com email address. Go down to the heading Office Online integration to see more on this. If that's all the bits you will ever use of an Office suite then get yourself one of their email addresses and don't bother buying a renewal after your trial.

If you have a hotmail.com or co.uk or live.com or co.uk email address then just use it. The endings are still valid. Save you starting a new one unnecessarily.
        Last edited by GallowayLass; 19-04-17, 19:06.

Comment

Forgot to mention that with your email address access, you can also access the Office bits on your phone if that appeals to you..

Comment

very nice of you to help Galloway, my problem is I did want to use my BT email, but cannot get it to work on anything other than on their site, and this wretched outlook ,but a lot of my emails dont arrive at BT for some reason.
            I'm real thick at understanding how to set up an email account, on anything else.
            I really dont want to have to notify loads of people of a new email address.
            Why is everything so complicated???

Comment

Val, all your emails will be on the BT webmail to start with. Maybe you have the setting set to remove them from the server once you have downloaded them to your device? Honestly, I would give the webmail a try. It means you can access it from any computer at any time without having to sync anything.
              Anne

Comment

okay Anne I shall give it a try thanks very much

Comment

I haven't done this before but I believe you can get Hotmail to collect a copy of your BT mails. Whether this is set up from the BT side or the Hotmail side, I don't know. Some body better acquainted with synching will hopefully chip in to help.
                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 19-04-17, 21:20.

Comment

When I looked at my emails on BT there were only a few emails? yet I get loads every day? I am confused.

Comment

You'll have it set to remove them from the web once you have downloaded them. Not sure where to find that setting but you could experiment by looking on the web first then opening one in your mail program.
                      Anne

Comment

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for my e-mails. It collects from two e-mail providers every day. So easy to use.
                        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks Anne that must be it , shall check, and thanks Wendy that sounds great will have a look.;)

Comment

Val, I use Gmail as I was so fed up with talktalk and any contacts that have my talktalk email I have arranged for them to drop into my Gmail box.

I have also used mail2web and that will collect most emails. From memory only I seem to think once you have created a simple account you can log in very easily but need to sign in each time now I use Gmail anywhere.
                            You will need to have a mini read about it ( if I can manage it I know you will be able to). Good luck. I am just going at this late hour to try and find out why my Canon 4250 printer has stopped working. It just stoppd just like that.
                            Last edited by Margaret N; 20-04-17, 22:29.
                            Margaret N
                            DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hi Margaret, I ended up installing incredimail again, and touch wood it seems to be working for now.
                              Have you tried unplugging wait for a few minutes then plug the Printer back in, that sometimes does it.

Comment

Val, I was thinking of taking the printer to the Tip last night but I remembered that they charge for things like that so was too mean. I have just found a Canon Restore and used it and touch wood it is OK now.
                                Margaret N
                                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

your tip charges for things like that ? that's a bit much, ours doesn't, they keep all things like that to one side and I think they sell them for parts.
                                  Glad you got it sorted, I bought a HP Envy wireless one for this and so far its great, was easy to set up too.

Comment

I haven't used Outlook for years. I use a program called Thunderbird for email; it is very much like the old Outlook, and is completely free.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/
                                    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
                                    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
                                    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
                                    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
                                    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                      hi Margaret, I ended up installing incredimail again, and touch wood it seems to be working for now.
                                      Have you tried unplugging wait for a few minutes then plug the Printer back in, that sometimes does it.
                                      Windows Live Mail that comes with Windows 10 is the equivalent of Outlook express which we all stared with years ago before moving to webmail.

Margaret

Comment

thanks Pete somebody else mentioned that, will have a look.
                                        Margaret I really dont understand what webmail actually means.

Comment

Working...
                                        X