X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got the FTM 2017 update yet

Hi
    I've just downloaded the 2014.1 thinking this was the "new" update to allow sync with ancestry to continue. I realise now that it is the 2017 I need and wondered if anyone has got this yet.
    Thanks

It's not ready yet:

This group is for users of the Family Tree Maker software. If you have not yet purchased the Family Tree Maker (FTM) program, please review https://support.mackiev.com/431886-Whats-New-in-FTM-2019...

In particular: https://support.mackiev.com/498640-RELEASE-OF-FTM-2017

There's a lot to read but you'll see the whys and wherefores.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline, I'll have a look and try to be patient!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaeberry View Post
        Thanks Caroline, I'll have a look and try to be patient!
        We have a thread on here where we are posting any news https://www.familytreeforum.com/show...aker-IMPORTANT
        Margaret

Comment

should not be too long now

Thank you for pre-ordering a copy of FTM 2017. How'd you like to take the new edition out for a spin this week?
          INTRODUCING THE BETA TEST DRIVE

Results from expanded beta testing last week showed that 19 out of 20 testers were able to sync all but the very largest of trees safely and successfully using FTM 2017. So it's time to test the ability of the new FamilySync system to handle more users. Lots more users. So we've agreed with Ancestry to start selectively rolling the new edition out in what we are calling the “Beta TEST DRIVE Program” for the first 25,000 to sign up.
          The concept is simple. Since most FTM users will have a great experience using FTM 2017, we're encouraging anyone who has pre-purchased it, including you, to try it out for 48 hours. Unlike with regular beta testing, you won't need to follow a plan, and you don't need to have had previous testing experience. Just use FTM as you normally would. And perhaps catch up on your syncing and explore color coding and some of the other new features.
          If you are able to sync OK during the TEST DRIVE (and 95% or more should be able to), and also pass some automated diagnostic tests that confirm that everything has gone as expected, you'll be able to drive the new edition right out of the showroom so to speak and keep on using it. Then depending on how it goes with the first 25,000 test drivers, we will let more and more drivers onto the system. If that sounds good to you, and you're not already one of our beta testers, please click the test drive link below to apply today!

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

did you click on the link I did

Comment

I didn't click the link to trial the new software as I was very new to FTM and I so I don't think I would be a very good tester. How does it look Val?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaeberry View Post
                I didn't click the link to trial the new software as I was very new to FTM and I so I don't think I would be a very good tester. How does it look Val?
                Not everyone gets accepted to trial the new software so you may not be accepted.

It looks as though they are doing a gradual roll-out of the program so be patient.

Margaret

Comment

hi I dont know yet as I may not be picked.

Comment

Thanks Val, hope you get picked, it will be good to see it when its ready.

Comment

I hope so too;) will let you know what I think

Comment

I have been using it for a few days as a tester - seems to be OK , but few differences from previous versions
                        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

New update issued by MacKiev (a few hours ago)
                          The official home page for Family Tree Maker customer support, with free live chat 24/7, updates and other resources, for all versions including our newest release, FTM 2019.
                          Elaine

Comment

thought I had a good tree but 270,000 wow.

Comment

well I am going to be a tester, shall see how I get on.

Comment

Caroline
                                Caroline's Family History Pages
                                Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                                X