And the wall came tumbling down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the wall came tumbling down!

For a fair few years ( at least 15) I have been trying to trace a sister of my great grandfather Walter Frederick Green. It wasn't helped by the fact that she was called Annie Green born in St Pancras, London area. There were far too many birth certificates to take a chance on.

However thanks to the GRO for putting on the mother's surname in their new birth index, I have finally found her !

Her name was Annie Kate Elizabeth Green. Her birth certificate arrived today and everything is correct.

I have now found her marriage, her death, probate, names of the children, the family on the 1911, and Annie on the 1939 - all within a half hour of searching.

I am going to order the marriage certificate just to confirm everything, and then celebrate with a cuppa.

Now wouldn't it be nice of the GRO if they could put the father's name on the marriage index!

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

great its amazing how much you can find once you get the right birth, I am finding myself
    stuck on the same person for ages, she really has got to me, but I shall have to put her down for a while.
    It will be so much easier for future people doing research with the unusual names of today.

Comment

Working...
    X