NBI look ups please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBI look ups please

Can I please have a lookup for these two people? Thank you.

ASHCROFT, Mary died 1847 in Mobberley, Cheshire

YATES, Zacceus/Zaccheas died 1855 also in Mobberley, Cheshire

Can only see a burial on FMP Chester Bishops Transcripts

Mary Ashcroft b 1766 died 1847 aged 81 years

Buried 13 May ,1847
    All Saints Mobberley

Residence Mobberley, Cheshire

Can't see anything for Zaccheus

Vera

Comment

????? from FMP

N Cheshire Memorial Inscriptions says she was buried at St Wilfrid C of E, Mobberley
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Zaccheus YATES who died in 1855 appears to have been born earlier that year.
        Glen

Comment

Thanks folks.
          Was hoping for different info from that on FMP as Mary Ashcroft was nee Bracegirdle and from age at death she was quite a bit older than her husband and still having children aged 49. I couldn't find a baptism that matched her age but I did find a "perfect" match for her 10 years later in 1776 and the parents' names combined with her husband's ones are the same names as the first four of her own children. The next two are named after themselves and the last one possibly after a sister of the husband.
          If somebody had got 1766 instead of 1776 but 'tis not to be.

How likely is it that in 1815 a 49 year old had a child? I'd have thought that was more likely a whole life span?

Comment

I wouldn't get too hung up on the age discrepancy if other factors fit. After all, at that time age wasn't important, many didn't know their own so at death it was only somebody's best guess. I have many whose ages are 5-10 years out at burial always erring to a greater rather than lesser age.
            Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen. As all the other pieces fit - same grave as husband, names of the four grandparents vis a vis the couple's first four children, I will leave the birth date and place blank in the tree and put her baptism details and my thoughts in the notes field.

Comment

Working...
              X