Metroplitan Police Pension Registers 1852-1932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metroplitan Police Pension Registers 1852-1932

I have previously tried to look for someone who served in the Metropolitan Police when on a visit to TNA (but was unsuccessful) but now see these are available on An*y. Could someone do me the great favour of looking up George KING for me?

I note there are 5 entries (not sure whether they are 5 different people) but my chap was born 1832 in Hampshire and served from c1859 to around 1862-64.

Thanks for any help

If he only served for 3-5 years he would be unlikely to be granted or qualify for any sort of pension so won't be in these records. Have you checked for his attestation record (when he joined ?)
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Antony - I think that must be why I couldn't find him at TNA. I did not find any attestation record for him at the Met (but I do have his previous record for the Hampshire Constabulary)@

Comment

There are gaps in the surviving attestation and joining registers and it looks like your man falls into that period. You could try contacting the "friends":

Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks for that. So, can the 5 George KING records I mentioned above be discounted then?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
            Thanks for that. So, can the 5 George KING records I mentioned above be discounted then?
            None of the George King's on Ancestry were born in Hampshire or have 1832 birth dates
            Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie - much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X