French research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French research

Looking for some French forums where I can put the following, obviously in French.

Jacques Campion married Marie Rose Masson on 26 August 1788 in St Jacques, Lisieux, Normandy. On the marriage certificate it gives his parents as Michel Campion and Marie Anne Lelong. I cannot find a marriage for Michel and Marie Anne. I did find a marriage for a Michel Campion and Marie Gondouin in St Jacques on 30 October 1751. Did Michel marry twice? Can anyone help me find marriage of Michel and Marie Anne Lelong?

Unless someone on here has access to French records. I used Filae.com to find what I have so far.

Can you access the records on the departmentales archives website? If michel married twice, his second marriage would state the previous wife's name.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
      Can you access the records on the departmentales archives website? If michel married twice, his second marriage would state the previous wife's name.
      Where would I find these departmental archives? Is there a website?

Comment

I have some French relatives and found some good trees on Geneanet. There are some for your names. Might be worth a check if you haven't already.

http://en.geneanet.org/fonds/individ...joint=&size=10
        :D Charney Jo

Comment

Lisieux is in the calvados department of normandy, france. Google "calvados archives departementales" and their site comes up. You will need to find "paroisse registres" and then select lisieux from the list. Though it seems only the indexes are available. Take a look though, as i only did a quick one.

Another possibility is the parents may not have married in lisieux. Just seen your guy married there. He may not be from lisieux himself.....the marriage record will state where he was from, burial usually does too.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, will Google etc.

Comment

Working...
            X