Lost Cousins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Cousins

Does anyone on here use Lost Cousins? I keep putting names in but no-one seems to be researching 'my' names even those who are quite distantly connected (like 2nd cousin three times removed) and I'm wondering if it is worth carrying on or how wide I need to spread my net before I get any response.
    Margaret

I put stuff on there many years ago because it seemed like such a brilliant idea. Sadly I've only ever matched with two people - one was my brother, the other already a contact from another site.

OC

Comment

It always comes up with a rellie I am in contact with, despite all it's members, never got a new contact from it.
      Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
      http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Me neither and I get a bit fed up with the hectoring in newsletters about adding more people. I have had a few contacts from ancestry for married ins but nobody anywhere appears to be researching my direct paternal line. My LC account is still the basic free one.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I think that I'll give them up as a lost cause.
          Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
            Me neither and I get a bit fed up with the hectoring in newsletters about adding more people. I have had a few contacts from ancestry for married ins but nobody anywhere appears to be researching my direct paternal line. My LC account is still the basic free one.
            Yes, he goes on so much you'd think it was the BEST thing. I have been wondering whether to add more relatives or not. Have never had a contact from those I have on there and one family in particular is very prolific and generates contacts from elsewhere.
            Also I do wonder what will happen to Lost Cousins when the owner is no longer around ......
            Anne

Comment

I also have a tree on there but have never found any connection. I mean to add a few more but do not get around to it! I do like the Newsletter so responded to his latest plea around Christmas by upgrading from free tp payment!! How long that will go on for I don't knoew!

To be honest most connections I made many years ago thrugh Rootsweb/Family History Societies. Few peopl seem to be researching my family indepth on any line, branch or twig anywhere! Many found on Ancestry have not got the information I have, some info has even been filched from my own tree! Some have downright incorrect trees, so I do wonder what is happening to the Family Hstory Research these days.

One thing about Lost Cousins that I do like is insisting on the basis of research through Census, 1881 to start with. I am sure his insistence on accuracy will most probably ensure that the trees on his site will be more accurate than Ancestry for example. It maybe that not enough people are using his site, me included!!

Janet
              Last edited by Janet; 28-03-17, 10:05.

Comment

Janet

Yes, the insistence on census information is what drew me to the site originally, it seemed a brilliant idea! Unfortunately, like you, no one else seems to be researching my family. This is partly I think because my line has virtually died out, so any connections are distant and way back in the past.

I leave my stuff on there because you just never know where a contact will come from and the more places you leave breadcrumbs the better chance of an eventual contact.

OC

Comment

Working...
                X