What a shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a shock

I have my tree on tribalpages ,had a contact today, not been on there for ages, was shocked to see a completely different home page no albums so no photos, and my home page describing my tree has gone, it says this tree was started in 2016 , I burst out crying, sent them a email asking what happened, then went back to see if there were two trees of mine on there ,and only mine came up complete with albums etc, I then realised I had been looking at this contacts tree phew phew phew.so glad I have my tree in lots of places, besides backing it up to an external drive.

What a relief!

Comment

yes it was I almost gave up researching when I saw that.

Comment

I have not used this site myself, is it any good? Is it wirth uploading my tree onto there?
        My Family History Blog Site:

https://chiddicksfamilytree.com

Comment

its really good you can put your photos in albums too which I like, and its free unless you want to upload lots of photos
          Have a look
          Build your Free Family Tree website easily and effortlessly

Comment

Thanks Val I'm trying to sign up now but having problems setting up an account for some reason keeps coming up with an error. I'll try it again tomorrow ��

Comment

I find it useful because you can show the tree to relatives without them having to join a pay site. You can password-protect it if you like.

Comment

try this link Paul, it should work, it is good isn't it Mary .

Create your Family Tree website easily and effortlessly. Search 50,000 Family Tree Sites.

Comment

Brilliant Val that worked fine I am up and running!

Congratulations!
                  Your new site, The Chiddicks Family Tree is ready.
                  Your website is located at http://chiddicks.tribalpages.com

I will upload my tree and pictures tomorrow as it's getting late now but at least I have an account now thanks again Val

Comment

Thats odd when I click on that link it says tree created 8 Sep 2009 last updated 8 Jun 2012? if its yours I would have thought it would say todays date.

Comment

That's interesting?? Maybe I have signed up before and forgotten all about it .

Comment

Just checked it is my tree!! Must have signed up before then obviously needs updating.

Comment

funny things we forget

Comment

You just reminded me about Tribal pages Val and I have just been looking at my unfinished tree on there. I did find someone on there though that isn't in my main tree on Ancestry and it was a child that died aged 0. I have checked and it's right, but how on earth I knew back then that he was one of 'mine' (before the GRO mmn facility) I don't know.
                            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

An 'educated guess' Chrissie? I get big satisfaction out of those when I can eventually prove my 'theory' correct!
                              Anne

Comment

May I ask, can you only have one tree on there, or, like Ancestry, can you have several, if you are doing extended family studies?

Jay
                                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I dont update it enough Chrissie ,so sort of glad that contact approached me ,although the person she asked about is not even in my tree.
                                  yes Janet look here

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                                    An 'educated guess' Chrissie? I get big satisfaction out of those when I can eventually prove my 'theory' correct!
                                    Anne
                                    Yes Anne, it must have been. In fact I have been telling myself off for putting it in when I couldn't really have known (In my defence I was fairly new to genealogy when I did it) . Mind you, if I hadn't I would probably have forgotten about him by now and he wouldn't have got a mention

p.s. I have just had a flashback and remembered why I did it. He was born in the right area at the right time and I couldn't find a marriage for any other couple with those names in the time frame.
                                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 26-03-17, 19:23.
                                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                    X