Irish birth cert - help with handwriting please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish birth cert - help with handwriting please

Birth info for Anna Morris, registered in Ballingarry district, Callan, Co Tipperary. Record 58.

I'm struggling with deciphering the place of birth even though the place is repeated under father's and informant's details. The informant is not a family member so far as I know, but I read it as Mary Connell.
    The writing is awful but in case it helps father is William Morris, colliery manager, mother Ellen Morris, formerly Forde.

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

My best guess so far is Ballyphilip...
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

?? Ballybridge

Vera

Comment

Theres a baptism on FMP 1881 end bit looks like ..... hill.

Vera
        Last edited by vera2013; 25-03-17, 15:09.

Comment

Ancestry transcribe baptism as Earlshill which Google turns up tithe appt books for Earlshill/Ballyphilip

Vera
          Last edited by vera2013; 25-03-17, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by vera2013 View Post
            Ancestry transcribe baptism as Earlshill which Google turns up tithe appt books for Earlshill/Ballyphilip

Vera
            Thanks Vera - all previous children were born and baptised Earlshill. It turns out Ballyphilip is a townland adjacent to Earlshill.
            Christine
            Last edited by Karamazov; 26-03-17, 11:09.
            Researching:

Comment

Working...
            X