Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting TV programe

Hello all,
    This programme was on the Welsh tv channel this week. It is a Welsh language programme but there are subtitles.
    If you have 48 minutes spare, it's well worth watching.
    Wynne.

This documentary follows one adopted man's story as he tries to seek out his birth parents. Keith Williams or 'Keith the Coal' had a happy upbringing in Penygroes near Ammanford but needed to know the identity of his birth parents to get a sense of closure. Following a long period of research he manages to find his birth mother and through her he discovers that his father was in fact a Sultan in Malaysia!

Sounds interesting Wynne.

to activate English subtitles point at and click on the speech/text box bottom right corner of screen.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
      This documentary follows one adopted man's story as he tries to seek out his birth parents. Keith Williams or 'Keith the Coal' had a happy upbringing in Penygroes near Ammanford but needed to know the identity of his birth parents to get a sense of closure. Following a long period of research he manages to find his birth mother and through her he discovers that his father was in fact a Sultan in Malaysia!

Sounds interesting Wynne.

to activate English subtitles point at and click on the speech/text box bottom right corner of screen.
      Great! I've just watched it and how difficult it must have been for Keith to have gone all that way and only to meet 1 half sister out of the many half-siblings he has there. Still he met her and I hope he still has dialogue with her.

Margaret

Comment

I watched it too and enjoyed it. I don't think that the reason the family were so reluctant was purely because they were afraid that he would try to claim to be the next Sultan as he thought. I think it may have been because of the shame it would bring to the family that a child had been born out of wedlock.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks LeicestershireLass for describing the programme. I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted the link - lambing duties
          Look for Ku ess on youtube.

Comment

Working...
          X