New Epson printer - how to convert jpg into word doc to print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Epson printer - how to convert jpg into word doc to print

Just installed new inkjet printer XP342 and want to print an out-of-print book (no longer available to buy even as second hand) which I scanned in to my computer using my old HP scanner/printer. All the pages have been saved in jpg form and the new printer will only let me have the option to print as a photo.

First page of the book with little on it which I tried to print on ordinary print A4 paper is slightly smudged.

I've googled and it seems you can download free software to convert jpg into word doc.

However, I wanted to preserve the look of the book with its black and white drawings in landscape form.

Would welcome any advice...many thanks.
    Liz

Could you convert the jpegs to pdfs? The printer would then print them normally. I had this problem the other day with my Epson printer wanting to do it as a photograph. The only options meant using lots of ink and very slow printing suitable for photo paper. I converted the jpeg to a pdf and it worked, normal printing was resumed!

Edit to say .... I also discovered the Epson will scan and save as a pdf rather than a jpeg!
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 17-03-17, 20:54.

Comment

Thank you Anne, how I wish I had saved that scanning of the book until I had the new printer!

Thank you for the suggestion of PDF - will have a go...
      Liz

Comment

Working...
      X