Rude reply from somebody on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude reply from somebody on Ancestry

I contacted this person shant call her a lady, to say that she had a child born to a woman in my tree ,before she was even born, and I would love to be in contact with her, the idea being I was going to help her, this is her reply.

So I made a mistake. I manage 10 databases and 12 DNA profiles. It happens. Get the hell over it and stop being snarky and rude.

I have now blocked her after telling her she isn't managing very well then;D

Lol Val, some people hate being told they are wrong.

OC

Comment

I do hope people aren't paying her to research their families OC

Comment

That's unlucky, but I'm in no doubt that she's the snarky rude one.

Comment

oh dear, that made me LOL Val.. What a rude woman!..
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

how rude! She doesn't deserve any help.
            Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Another of the "don't bother me I'm far too busy and important" brigade. Never ceases to amaze me how people like that think they are the only ones who do lots of stuff! More care and less haste needed in her case I think.
              Anne

Comment

For someone so rude and dismissive, the fact she admits to a mistake is quite a feat. The big "but" is, will she correct it?
                Have you had another look since Val?
                I have had the same reasons for contacting people on ancestry. I had similar thoughts to you because they just didn't respond and the errors are still there years down the line. Considering what she wrote to you, I now consider myself lucky :-)

Comment

thats a nice thing to say Jill, hope it wasn't me? she is now blocked I don't intend having anything to do with her, as for you Julie.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    thats a nice thing to say Jill, hope it wasn't me? she is now blocked I don't intend having anything to do with her, as for you Julie.
                    Think you've forgotten again, I'm neither Jill nor Julie And no, none of my silent bods were you

Comment

Yes, people can be very rude.

I wrote to someone on ancestry with a chunk of my tree attached to theirs via an ancestor that was clearly wrong.

I wrote very politely to say where I had my information from and how it didn't match with theirs.What I got back was 'I haven't got time to alter it and anyway I think I may still be right' when I replied to say could they look more carefully at what I had said and they would see it couldn't be right (same name in 2 different places in a census - different men with different occupations) the reply was 'stop harassing me or I'll report you to ancestry'!!

This was a member who said they could help other people! what an attitude.

Margaret

Comment

ooh Galloway the tongue was aimed at Julie alias Darksecret not you, Margaret I only hope that she regrets her words.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          ooh Galloway the tongue was aimed at Julie alias Darksecret not you, Margaret I only hope that she regrets her words.
                          I doubt it Val :(

Margaret

Comment

I also have had this problem of rudeness when I was only trying to help. One "lady" even told me to mind my own and what was it to do with me anyway, all her tree was out of the mouth of her ex mother in law and she was not bothered about it!! So why have it on there? I now just put a message in the comments box on the profile page of the specific person. If the owner of the tree is interested they get in touch , if not they don't and I no longer have to deal with rudeness.

Comment

The comments are also there as a warning (if they want to think about it) for anyone else looking at the tree. I think I must have been lucky because the comments I have left have only been met with interest from the tree owners, which has lead to fruitful discussion.
                              Anne

Comment

Tree owners can delete comments though, I've done it myself when someone was barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

Ah ... I didn't know that Jill. Thought only the writer could delete!
                                  Anne

Comment

I had worked that out by having made a comment that a tree had the wrong children for a couple and gave a hint as to where said couple lived and died. The comment disappeared and the tree is still 100% wrong all these years later.

Comment

The funniest one I remember was when I contacted somebody and told them this man had committed bigamy with an aunt, he was so annoyed told me he had just started his tree and I was spoiling it.

Comment

Lol Val!

I was at a family history centre when an elderly lady came in to demand that they corrected the date of her parents marriage in the parish register because it must be wrong as it looked as if they had only been married four months when the lady was born and her parents weren't like that!

OC

Comment

Working...
                                        X