Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you display your tree?

Hi

I have quite a few generations now of my tree, and its getting quite confusing. I would like to have a print out showing my family tree if possible, however i do have distant cousins who marry which means my tree links back up again at some point! I was thinking of drawing one out (on the computer not my scraggy writing) but i just cant get my head around it!
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Don't you have a tree program on your computer? Several of them will draw trees for you, just as you want them. Trouble is you need to decide what you want on it or else they get VERY large.
    I once printed out a tree for a one name study which had all the descendants of a couple who married in 1795. It was to display a family get together. The roll was 7.5 metres and took several tables lined up to display it. Was good fun though .... I gave each family branch coloured stickers so they could identify their part.
    Anne

Comment

I dont tend to have a program, just use Ancestry. I have been toying with purchasing one, but i only have a PC at work I use a tablet at home so not sure if paying out for a program will be worth it really when i probably wont use it. I did try to get a free trial for family historian but it noticed i had had one before so wouldnt let me
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
      X