Jewish Girls marrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jewish Girls marrying

How old would a Jewish girl have to be to marry in 1857 thanks, I have never been able to find my 2x great Grandmothers Birth or her in 1841 or 1851

In the UK, 12 years old. A Jewish marriage might not be registered at that time and only appear in synagogue records and those records could be many miles from where you expect.

Sorry!

OC

Comment

oh I should have explained, I have her marriage in 1857 in The Parish Church of St Mary's, Whitechapel ,and to the same man in 1860 in The Great Synagogue ,St James London.

Comment

I would just love to find her at least in 1851

Comment

According to later censuses, where did she come from? Could it be you can't find her in 1851 because she hadn't yet immigrated?

Comment

Hi Galloway thanks for looking ,all the records show ,Birth either Whitechapel, London or Middlesex.
            Her Mother was in Whitechapel in 1841 1851 and 1861 , then her Mother is with them in 1871 and onwards till she dies.
            I do know the Fathers name ,but found a contact related to him ages ago who had not known of her birth.

Comment

Working...
            X