Army Records query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Records query

one of my Uncles got killed in 1939, and I assumed he had just joined up, I did find his scroll of honour his death and his burial, but never bothered to look for more records, now his sister has told me he joined up long before the war,so would there be any army records if I sent for them? I do have this certificate of Army Education dated 1935, Army Certificate of Education.jpgdid all soldiers do this, if not what does it mean thanks.

You can apply using the link below,there will be a cost of £30 & takes about 6 month.
    Be aware of the need for permission from next of kin.

Get military records of service for the Royal Navy (including Royal Marines), British Army and Royal Air Force - who can apply, how long it takes, cost, how to apply.

Matt
    My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Thanks Matt I was wondering what would he have done between 1935 and the start of war.

Comment

Just checked my fathers service record book. This shows Army Education general certificates awarded, 3rd class 17/2/37 and 2nd class 18/11/37.
        He had enlisted 10 Nov 1936 as a regular.

Matt
        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

thanks for that Matt, now I know why his mum did not give her permission to join, and a neighbour did it for him, I always thought he was called up at the start of war but he had joined long before.

Comment

Working...
          X