Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JOHN J SULLIVAN (1818-1899) and MARY HALEY / HEALEY (1820)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOHN J SULLIVAN (1818-1899) and MARY HALEY / HEALEY (1820)

Looking for information about the ancestors of JOHN J SULLIVAN (1818-1899) and MARY HALEY / HEALEY (1820) ... Born in IRELAND , the moved to HAMILTON ONTARIO CANADA and had at least one child , CATHERINE SULLIVAN (1862) , she would marry PATRICK TYNE (1854 approx)...

Hello

Have you any ideas on where John J or Mary were born in Ireland.

I think I have them in Hamilton in 1881 with another daughter Mary Ann b 1859 and in 1871 with children Thomas b 1960, Bridget b 1856 Ontario and Mary Ann.

Vera
    Last edited by vera2013; 04-03-17, 22:18.

Comment

No I Don't know where in Ireland they came from...

Comment

Do you know who the informant was for John J's death. I can see a John, father in 1891 with son John b 1846 and wife Margaret. That John's father was John Sullivan and mother Mary ?Haley. Trying to establish when and where eldest child was born to date a marriage in. Ireland.

Vera

Comment

John J and Mary were my gr gr grandparents , my mother had told me their names , I found their death dates on their tombstone , other then that the only thing I know is that they had a daughter named Catherine (1862) and resided in Hamilton Ontario Canada ...

Comment

Thanks. Will take another look

Vera

Comment

Thanks for your help ...

Comment

Have looked for a death record for John J born 1817 in the hope of some clues, maybe even a place of birth. Can't find anything for 1899. Do you have any idea of cemetery where he was interred. Did Mary Sullivan (Healey) die before John J?

I would have thought as John J was b 1817 and Mary a little later that there would be children born earlier than Catherine b 1862/3.

The father John in the 1891 Canada Census was b Ireland 1817 and was a Teamster. He was living with son John b 1846 Ireland who was married to Margaret Reardon. Could be John J's and Mary's eldest son. They had children, two of whom visited aunts in the USA Mrs O'Gorman wife of Thomas in Niagara Falls and Mrs C F Loud n Detroit. Ring any bells?

Vera
                Last edited by vera2013; 09-03-17, 13:58.

Comment

They are buried at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Burlington Ontario Canada ... I have a picture of their tombstone , that's where I got their birth and death dates from as well as Mary's maiden name which is listed as Haley although on Catherines wedding certificate it states Mary's maiden name as Healey ... I have never heard anything about the relatives in the USA ...

Comment

Working...
                  X