Lucky Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Man

Just found somebody with a man I have in my tree ,according to her he was born 1817 and married a woman born 1898 , lucky man eh?

:D:D
    My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

you know it does wind me up when there are such blatant mistakes, no wonder they usually only have a few records attached.

Comment

Val

The one that is currently driving me mad DOES have records attached! How they can n all be so stupid (15 trees) I don't know. A man born in 1807 marrying in 1787.

OC

Comment

Trouble is OC they all copy each other without even checking, I have copied with permission but I always check its the right one.

Comment

I think some people just download large trees from various folk, which they then immediately upload and add on to their own online tree. Apart from the fact that sometimes the data gets mangled in the process and it would be a very daunting task to sort it out, I suspect they don't even bother to go through all the hundreds or thousands of individuals added this way to check the new facts showing on their tree.
            Big is beautiful and all that!

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I think a lot believe that if it is on ancestry, or if they get an ancestry link, that it MUST be true .......... and they pay no attention.

That's why I'm wondering about the hints that FMP is seemingly sending .......... I don't have a tree on FMP, but maybe I should put a small one on there to see what happens.

I thank my lucky stars that the guy who appropriated my gt aunt and uncle married in 1902 to be the parents of children born ca 1820-30 was receptive to the note I left on his tree pointing out the error!

The only difference between the parents he was looking for and my relatives was the date of birth ........... same names, all born in Lancashire, all emigrated to Newark, NJ soon after the marriage (apparently in his case). Mine also didn't have any children that he could match up
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

you do have to take others peoples facts with a pinch of salt

Comment

you certainly do!!!

Comment

That is like everyone believing that William Chapman's father is Sir Arthur De Champernowne- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Champernowne

Sir Arthur is related to Kat Ashley in someway and apparently her son Sir Walter Raleigh did apparently have a cousin named William Chapman but where is the proof? More than 50 trees seem to be of the belief that it is true but when I found a Will for the one they seemed to think was William I had it transcribed- no proof at all.
                    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X