Found on FMP but not on Ancestry - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found on FMP but not on Ancestry - help

I have found a very elusive family for a friend on FMP but then, frustratingly, can't find them on ancestry. I can send her the image from FMP but she has an ancestry sub and would like to be able to find them for herself and add to her ancestry tree.

Can anyone find them on ancestry and post the link for me please.

This is the link to the FMP 1911 census

I thought I would be able to find them using info below, but can't work out how to do so on ancestry. Feeling a bit thick, so if anyone feels like explaining how, I'd be grateful just so I know for future reference.

Census reference RG14PN24798 RG78PN1421 RD472 SD1 ED20 SN141
    Piece number 24798

Thanks,
    Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 03-03-17, 20:46.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

I cannot work it out either ? there is no option to put in the reference is there?

Comment

This is where FMP win hands down.

For the 1911 census, FMP have the full reference, but Ancestry have at best the piece (PN), registration district (RD), ED, institution, or vessel (ED) and household schedule (SN).

Mostly they just have the piece number, but you should be able to search with that and the surname, unless it is a village with loads of people with the same name!
      Last edited by PeteW1959; 04-03-17, 09:35.
      Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
      Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
      Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
      Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
      Devine in Ireland

Comment

I just put the piece number no name ,it came up pretty quickly

Comment

Working...
        X