Format of Descendant Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format of Descendant Charts

Hello all, I am doing an assignment and have to use a specific format for descendant charts.

Is there any way of printing them

-with the FEMALE, if married, always on the RIGHT of her partner, and

-with the MARRIAGE details always under the Female?

At present it prints with the all biological children on the left and the in-laws on the right, irrespective of gender

And the marriage details always under the in-law, irrespective of gender.

Thanks
    Gary

Hi, & welcome to FTF!
    Please, what software are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
      Hi, & welcome to FTF!
      Please, what software are you using?
      Sorry, "FamilyTreeMaker"

Gary

Comment

Sorry, Gary - I'm a Family Historian user. There are FTM users here - perhaps being silent means they don't have an answer for you?

Not sure if you can export a gedcom to software that has more printing options. I haven't tried to manipulate reports that way in FH

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
          Sorry, Gary - I'm a Family Historian user. There are FTM users here - perhaps being silent means they don't have an answer for you?

Not sure if you can export a gedcom to software that has more printing options. I haven't tried to manipulate reports that way in FH

Thanks, I didn't hold much hope. Exporting the GEDCOM sounds like my best bet. Just have to find a program that allows editing these fields in their printouts

Gary

Comment

Family Historian allows a lot of flexibility. I'm not using the current version, and I don't play with report formats. FH does have a very active users' group - you could pose your question there
            FHUG is a user operated and supported site providing help and advice for the Family Historian software package. Since 2002, through many major releases the user group has helped thousands users of all levels to come to grips with one of the most powerful and flexible Family History programs available today.

Comment

I agree! I can't say if Family Historian will do exactly as you want but I'm pretty sure it will. The ability to adjust everything in a tree layout is excellent. You can get a free trial which is active for 1 month to try it out. As already suggested the User Group has some 'super experts' willing to help with quick and detailed responses.
              Anne

Comment

Originally posted by GaryP View Post
                Hello all, I am doing an assignment and have to use a specific format for descendant charts.

Is there any way of printing them

-with the FEMALE, if married, always on the RIGHT of her partner, and

-with the MARRIAGE details always under the Female?
                That is the default format for FTM descendant charts if you select the male as the root of the chart. If it isn't what you want you can drag the entries into the arrangement you want.

Family Historian is much better at charts generally, but the range of options available make configuring them quite involved sometimes.
                Last edited by AntonyM; 06-03-17, 08:04.
                Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                  That is the default format for FTM descendant charts if you select the male as the root of the chart. If it isn't what you want you can drag the entries into the arrangement you want.

Family Historian is much better at charts generally, but the range of options available make configuring them quite involved sometimes.

Thankyou everybody for your help.

Antony, I didn't know that about dragging the boxes,which is great,but still have the other problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                    I agree! I can't say if Family Historian will do exactly as you want but I'm pretty sure it will. The ability to adjust everything in a tree layout is excellent. You can get a free trial which is active for 1 month to try it out. As already suggested the User Group has some 'super experts' willing to help with quick and detailed responses.
                    Anne
                    Thank you Anne

Comment

Glad to see you found FHUG and they agree that FH will do what you require. Good luck!
                      Anne

Comment

Working...
                      X