Find my past hints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my past hints

Just had an email from them to say they have hints for people in my tree , must be something new ,I do have a small one on there, might be worth me updating it.

Val,

I have found FMP hints very useful. I only have a rudimentary tree on there but it goes back to the 1600's and they have all been spot on unlike Ancestry. In fact they have found me a few names which I had not spotted due to a different spelling of surname. Worth investigating your own tree.

Janet

Comment

thanks Janet its the first I have heard of this, am going to update my tree on there

Comment

As an off shoot so to speak :-) - are FMP trees able to be set to public or private yet and searchable by other members as on ancestry?

Comment

you can make it private not sure though about other people being able to look at it.

Comment

I don't mean it to look at it if private. Only to be able to search for match and look if public or make contact with tree owner if private.

Comment

I believe FMP only matches records not other trees.
              Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen.

Comment

Yes that is correct FMP only matches records which is why I like it.

As I understand FMP trees are all private, which again is to my liking. It was suggested about 3 years ago that at some time in the future the trees may go public, but they would alert people to this. I have not heard anything about this recently, and if the trees were to go public I am not sure what method they would use ie voluntarily or otherwise.

They are not searchable like Ancestry but this is something that is still coming.

Janet
                  Last edited by Janet; 04-03-17, 11:46.

Comment

I imported a new gedcom on there yesterday took quite a while to upload ,but its all there now.

Comment

Thanks Janet. It's the searchable function that I am eagerly awaiting. If they always remain private, that doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X