Canadian death cert for 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian death cert for 1987

is it possible to get one of these ? I know the year and his birth but not the exact date of death.
    Last edited by Guest; 27-02-17, 21:14.

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
    is it possible to get one of these ? I know the year and his birth but not the exact date of death.
    Hi Val,
    Where in Canada?
    I don't know about other Canadian provinces but British Columbia has deaths online to 1995, with many, especially the more recent ones, with images.

Christine
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

hi and thanks its Ontario

Comment

The quick answer is yes and no.

Anyone can apply, although you may have to prove how you are related, and you do need the date of death.

Just do a google search on Ontario and death certificates, it should pull up some info for you.

bcbrit.
        George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

I did all that bcbrit , but am so afraid of clicking on a scam site, what about wills would they be available anywhere.

Comment

Hi Val,

Did you try www.SeviceOntario.ca

I am just going to make myself a cuppa, and then get back to you, but I think it is legit. They will also do a search - for a fee, of course. And you can order online.

bcbrit
            George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hi Val,

The above site is legit. I looked up the address (on the site) that you can post an application to, and it is the same address in my 1994 copy of ' In Search of your Canadian Roots"!

Looking for wills is difficult. Ontario doesn't have a central depository - neither does BC. So wills are kept at the lawyers, and I paid for mine to be deposited in Victoria, as a back up. Many people keep theirs at home, and of course, many still don't have wills.

I think that in Ontario you can deposit a will at the local courthouse, but I am not very clear on that.

bcbrit

Comment

thanks very much shall have a look at that

Comment

oh that link says error

Comment

Sorry it should have said ServiceOntario.ca

You see, I did need that cuppa to wake up, lol.

bcbrit

Comment

did it work ta!

Comment

Where can you see death indexes online for Ontario?

Comment

I could not find his death online, but his gravestone is that's how I know when and where he died.

Comment

Hi Galloway Lass,

Each province works independently from each other. BC was one of the first to start putting BMDS online, other have been a little slower. Plus each province has a somewhat different policy on privacy.

Basically, any event that is fairly recent will be a bit of a challenge.

ancestry.ca has a canadian obituary index 1898- 2015

For stand alone sites - there is the Ontario Cementery Finding Aid, Ontario Vital Statistics Project.

You can also google and see if your name has an online obituary through a funeral home.

I have some spare time today, if you would like me to have a bash,

bcbrit
                            Last edited by bcbrit; 28-02-17, 17:08.

Comment

Hi Val

There's information here about obtaining copies of wills of deceased people in Ontario

No idea how much it costs
                              Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by bcbrit View Post
                                Hi Galloway Lass,

Each province works independently from each other. BC was one of the first to start putting BMDS online, other have been a little slower. Plus each province has a somewhat different policy on privacy.

Basically, any event that is fairly recent will be a bit of a challenge.

ancestry.ca has a canadian obituary index 1898- 2015

For stand alone sites - there is the Ontario Cementery Finding Aid, Ontario Vital Statistics Project.

You can also google and see if your name has an online obituary through a funeral home.

I have some spare time today, if you would like me to have a bash,

bcbrit
                                Yes please bcbrit. Name Selina Emma HIDDLESTON nee HEFFER. Born 11 October 1914 in Mildenhall, Suffolk, England. Widow (I presume as I have not heard of any divorce or remarriage ) of James HIDDLESTON born 17 October 1904 Sanquhar, Dumfriesshire died 11 March 1977 Georgetown, Ontario. Lena's birth date and Jimmy's death details are from a 3rd party. It would be good to have that confirmed as well.

Comment

hyer Jackie and thanks will have a nosey

Comment

Hi GL,

This is what I have searched:

ancestry.ca - found nothing except on Canada Voters Lists 1935- 1980

1972 - this was the last date
                                    75 Sargent Road, Halton, Ontario
                                    James Hiddleston, ret, was a labourer
                                    Mrs Selina , brake press operator
                                    Richard , driver
                                    Miss Zingra, typist

Nothing for Ontario Vital Statistics Project, Ontario Cemetery Finding Aid, Haltonlifenews.ca, Canadian Obituaries, or billion graves.

Halton -Peel Branch of OGS
                                    haltonpeel@ogs.on.ca
                                    They do have lists of graveyard transcriptions that are not online yet. I think that if they were buried it would be at Greenwood Cemetery, Halton. The Town of Halton looks after various cemeteries, but will not do genealogical lookups.

Halton Hills Public Library
                                    http:www.hhpl.on.ca
                                    askus@haltonhills.ca

They carry newspapers, and may do a look up.

I did find this within the Halton Hills library.

news.halinet.on.ca

25 October 1950 page 1
                                    Georgetown Herald
                                    Hiddleston- Heffer
                                    Wedding at Knox Church. Selina had only been in Canada for a week!

There were other articles upto 1974- birthday parties etc.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help,

bcbrit

Comment

That's great thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                      X