Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt Terr Force Bn. N. Lan. R.

Hi

In my research a relatives army record states "Lt Terr Force Bn. N. Lan. R." I'm guessing this is a lieutenant in the Lancaster regiment can some one confirm this? On a medal record there is also this " L.N. Lan 5th R." which I'm guessing again is the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, badge number 382995.
    Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

If you Google for 5th Bn Loyal North Lancashire regiment, you will find several sites which help explain that this battalion was formed of men in the Territorial Force in 1914.
    It also shows that although men that joined around that time had 4 digit service numbers, they were later changed to 6 digit numbers which presumably were then continued with. Lt does usually signify a Lieutenant but with regards to the metal badge, which appears to bear a service number, I am not sure if Officers had service numbers and in that case the metal badge may relate to another person other than an Officer.

merleyone

Comment

The badge number relates to the Silver War Badge - officers didn't have service numbers in WW1. The Silver War Badge Roll gives that badge number as belonging to Lt S Dickson. Loyal North Lancashire Regiment
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X