Medical records. Confirmation query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical records. Confirmation query.

Hi, I am wondering if someone can confirm whether I am reading this correctly.

The death certificate of a Great x2 Uncle indicates that he died as an inpatient at Stoke Park Colony, Bristol, back in the 1920's. I know re the 100 year rule but in investigating where the information may be found, Bristol Archives, there is an note/amendment. I just wondered if someone can confirm if how I perceive the reading, is correct.

'Note from Dr Carpenter 05/2012: Patient records relating to Stoke Park and Brentry, with some Farleigh and Hortham records, have been digitised and are stored on discs held at BANES (Bath and North East Somerset) PCT (Primary Care Trust) Headquarters [2015 note: Now with the Bath and North East Somerset Clinical Commissioning Group]. Some patient records have been destroyed, (1) those who left pre 1970 and had no further contact with the hospitals and (2) those who died pre 1990. Dr Carpenter has a register of the destroyed patient records and can be contacted for any enquiries regarding these by emailing Glenside Museum with details.'

Does this mean that there will be no actual documentation but they are able to confirm it has been destroyed by the register?

Thank you
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

That's what it sounds like to me, Bubblebelle. Sorry.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      That's what it sounds like to me, Bubblebelle. Sorry.

OC
      Thanks OC.
      Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X