Windows 10 I hate it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 I hate it

As you know I bought this new Desktop a couple of weeks ago , well you get 3 weeks to return it, and tonight I decided to ask if I could.
    I absolutely hate it, the screen is much too big and makes my eyes sore as it seems to glare, yet its supposed to be glare free etc etc etc, cannot get BT emails to work on it ,have googled and seems its a common problem.
    Has anybody else felt like this or is it just me.

I also hate Windows 10, but I have persevered, and with lots of tweaking have got it into a workable state and I find it crashes far less than 7. I used Classic Shell for a while, but didn't like it, so I customised the start menu myself. The biggest improvement was getting rid of all the tiles on the right hand side and replacing them with the programs and folders I use the most.

As for large screens I have 2 24" screens and wish I could afford 28"! With the 2 24" I can easily have 4 windows visible at the same time. Great when going through my tree looking for the missing census entries; I have Family Historian, Firefox, Excel (where I have a list of the missing censuses) and Ancestral Sources all visible at the same time!
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
      As you know I bought this new Desktop a couple of weeks ago , well you get 3 weeks to return it, and tonight I decided to ask if I could.
      I absolutely hate it, the screen is much too big and makes my eyes sore as it seems to glare, yet its supposed to be glare free etc etc etc, cannot get BT emails to work on it ,have googled and seems its a common problem.
      Has anybody else felt like this or is it just me.
      To lessen the glare:

Right Click anywhere on the desktop screen
      Select Display Settings
      Adjust the slider on brightness level
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks Caroline I assumed as it says its anti glare it was pre set, I still dont like it though, on googling seems a lot of people dont.

Comment

I bought a tower computer from John Lewis a week ago and we paid for them to send someone to install everything for me. The chap was very helpful and asked me if I would like a traditional start menu similar to the one I had with Windows 7. He downloaded an app for me and I can access all my files in the way I did before. I have the normal Windows 10 start menu accessible but so far I haven't used it. So far I have had no problems with it.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Sounds good Elizabeth, trouble is this one is so big you have to literally scan from left to right to read stuff, and so I was trying to use half a page instead of all but it drives me bonkers.

Comment

Can't you just adjust the size of the page with your mouse using Ctrl? I don't use a laptop but this works on my computer.
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

its a wide screen Elizabeth, the normal size is too big and when you click on the restore down option it only fills half the screen.

Comment

Val, that doesn't sound good. I'm sorry I can't help.
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:

Comment

Try asking the help box on the left of the taskbar for tiles or something similar. I think that's what they call the gizmo where you can split the screen. Two tiles should half your viewing area.

Update See next post
                    Last edited by GallowayLass; 15-02-17, 20:24.

Comment

thanks Galloway so I technically could have 4 web sites open at the same time on the same page if I am reading it right, will look into it, I am so used to vista and this is so so different.

Comment

Working...
                      X