Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endocksby - has anyone any idea where it is in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endocksby - has anyone any idea where it is in UK?

Please can anyone help me to read this:
    It is a James Rowland who seems to be the guy who is training the others (I think). I suspect it is the father of the chap I have been looking for for years (also a Tailor) but he was born in 1762 and that is I think the date of this Indenture List.
    I can see the name of the place (maybe not on the page I have attached) and it is Endocksby - where on earth is that - I have never heard of it............has anyone else?
    Endocksby does not come up on googling but something similar does in Holland (the docks I think). There is not, as far as I know, any dutch connection.
    Sue

Did you mean to add an image?
    Elaine

Comment

sure it isn't Enderby think its in Leicestershire

Comment

snap Val! that's the first place I thought of. Enderby, Leicestershire. Been through it plenty of times.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Elaine,

I added an image I thought - God knows where it went but have never claimed to be clever with computers. I didn't even notice it was missing until just now and haven't a clue what the image was!
          Recent events suggest this could be the father James Rowland b1764/5 chap I have been looking for absolutely ages - and not just me, there are about 6 of us.
          As of yesterday, I found him b1765 Edern, Merionethshire, Wales and just to make it all fit in so much better (most of the Rowlands were in Stamford) this family moved to Stamford also.
          There is quite a group of us now searching for James Rowland - no one believed me when I said I had probably found him! Sue with a swollen head!

Comment

I mentioned Holland and wasn't sure where on earth that was - the country of Holland was not really feasible.
            Forgot one of the sectors of Lincs is Holland! Sue

Comment

There is a place called Mavis Enderby (yes, really!) near Horncastle in Lincolnshire.
              Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
              Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
              Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
              Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
              Devine in Ireland

Comment

Off the A16 there is a signpost to Mavis Enderby and Old Bolingbroke - when we were kids my Dad said they were an old couple that lived that way. I don't think we really believed him tho'. Still have a chuckle when we ever go that way.
                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I must have been through that area in the not too distant past and I have never seen Mavis Enderby!
                  Have at long last found my elusive James Rowland b 1765ish - I am destined not to do well with this chap - I put the details in an E-mail and sent to other folk who were looking for him - we knew there was a Welsh connection and I found him baptised in Edern, Merionethshire. Another interested researcher found that by the time he was 2 years old the family had moved to Stamford!!! Even got parents names: Ann and John.
                  I would be sending more E-mails today re the happy news but my E-mail page (which has 184 in inbox) has disappeared - I was online to BT and they asked me to look back and see if E-mail page had reappeared but what had appeared online were many people saying BT E-mail had crashed. BT was unaware of this - I was going to offer to help with the running of the company but thought better of it! Sue

Comment

Working...
                  X