RG13; Piece: 3242; Folio: 131; Page: 16
    Hepthorne Road, North Wingfield, Derbyshire

John TEW, Head, M, 39, Railway Guard, Brownhills, Staffs
    Sarah TEW, Wife, M, 37, Brownhills, Staffs
    George W TEW, Son, S, 17, Wood Turner, Brownhills, Staffs
    Amelia TEW, Daughter, S, 13, Wingfield, Derbs
    Nellie TEW, Daughter, S, 9, Wingfield, Derbs
    plus a couple of lodgers

John and Sarah (nee Thacker) married Q2 1886 in Sheffield (3 years after the birth of George!). The new GRO search brings up all three children with mmn of Thacker, so that's all OK.

In 1911 John and Sarah are with who I assume is her brother from his name and age (I haven't traced Sarah back as it is the Tews I am related to), and only Nellie is still with them (RG14; Piece: 16973; Schedule Number: 52). The address is Hednesford Rd, Brownhills, Nr Walsall, Staffordshire.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

I haven't found George (but I think he may have gone to India as there is a possible marriage), but the mystery is with Amelia.

Searching on Ancestry I came up with her as a daughter of John and Sarah Davies, and some helpful(????) person has submitted an alteration of her name to Davies! However when I look at the image, it is just Amelia Tew on line 4, with the 3 lines above blank. The signature panel at the bottom is for John Tew, address Hepthorne Lane, W Chesterfield

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...&usePUBJs=true)

If you go to the previous image, it is the title page for John Davies' return, and the next image is the title page for John Tew's return.

What on earth is going on!
    Co-ordinator for PoW project Southern Region 08
    Researching:- Wieland, Habbes, Saettele, Bowinkelmann, Freckenhauser, Dilger in Germany
    Kincaid, Warner, Hitchman, Collie, Curtis, Pocock, Stanley, Nixey, McDonald in London, Berks, Bucks, Oxon and West Midlands
    Drake, Beals, Pritchard in Kent
    Devine in Ireland

Well the 1911 images are arranged with the schedule first and then the title page so John Davies title page is in respect of the image previous, you then get the schedule for John Tew household which admittedly is odd but then following you have John Tew title page so that works.

I think the Davies thing is a mis-transcription as they have shown Amelia in the household with Davies which is clearly not correct.

The fact of only 1 entry on the schedule for the Tew address is odd!
    Margaret

PS now looked at the 1911 for John and wife Sarah and see they are visitors to that household so I think what John has done is shown who was actually at his own home on the night which was only Amelia, she would have been the 4th entry had he put everyone down - so that explains the oddity I think.
    Last edited by margaretmarch; 04-02-17, 12:35.

Comment

Working...
    X