Rebecca, Victoria, Adalaide. Tait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebecca, Victoria, Adalaide. Tait

Rebecca Victoria Adelaide Tait was born 1892 in Dublin to Rev William Corbett Tait and ? Morrison. What I would dearly love to know did Rebecca ever get married and have a family. and if so who were her children ? as they would be related to me . If they are still alive.

If you are related to Rebecca, Victoria Adelaide Tait (or nee Tait,) please do get in touch, I would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Heather

Did they remain in Dublin do you know?
    Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Heather69 View Post
      Rebecca Victoria Adelaide Tait was born 1892 in Dublin to Rev William Corbett Tait and ? Morrison. What I would dearly love to know did Rebecca ever get married and have a family. and if so who were her children ? as they would be related to me . If they are still alive.

If you are related to Rebecca, Victoria Adelaide Tait (or nee Tait,) please do get in touch, I would love to hear from you.

Regards,

Heather
      This her birth registration which gives her mother's name as Rebecca Morrison. I haven't found a marriage or death for her in Ireland (although death registrations online only go up to 1965.)

Christine
      Researching:
      HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

I think this is her in 1911 census and she is now in Londonderry.

UPDATE
        I don't see a marriage for her in Northern Ireland up to 1942 which is as far as GRONI goes online.
        Last edited by GallowayLass; 01-02-17, 23:32.

Comment

William C Tait's death is registered here in 1913. The informant was his daughter, Victoria. Do you know if this is a different daughter or was Rebecca using a different name?

Jackie

Comment

This is likely her death in 1960. GRONI currently goes up to 1967 online.
            D/1960/201/1024/60/23 Rebecca Tait 13th December 1960 68 Female Newtownards(pre-1973 Q4)

Comment

Looks like mother Rebecca as recorded on on RVA's birth cert had variant first names:

1890 marriage of William Tait and Adelaide (Rachel? Mabel?) Morrison - the writing isn't the easiest to decipher, so perhaps others could chip in with their readings.

Parents and RVA (or ARV in this return) in 1901 census:

Click on Household return Form A to see the original image.

Parents in 1911

Rebecca at school in Derry 1911

She is the top line on page three of the original return.

Christine
              Last edited by Karamazov; 01-02-17, 23:49.
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                William C Tait's death is registered here in 1913. The informant was his daughter, Victoria. Do you know if this is a different daughter or was Rebecca using a different name?

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy....16/4479379.pdf
                It has to be Rebecca - 1911 census return for parents says 2 children born of the marriage, one living.
                Researching:

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                  This is likely her death in 1960. GRONI currently goes up to 1967 online.
                  D/1960/201/1024/60/23 Rebecca Tait 13th December 1960 68 Female Newtownards(pre-1973 Q4)
                  You beat me to it - I wondered if she settled in the north after finding her in Derry in 1911 and came across this too.

Christine
                  Researching:

Comment

She's at home 1901 with her parents and listed as ARV Tait. It's her mother who was from Dublin. Father from Co. Down. They live in the same manse in Factory Lane, Kilrush as in 1911 and the 1913 death certificate.
                    1911 the parents still have the same servant as 1901.

She must be the informant of her father's death as the 1911 census says two children born to the marriage, only 1 living.
                    Last edited by GallowayLass; 02-02-17, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                      It has to be Rebecca - 1911 census return for parents says 2 children born of the marriage, one living.
                      Snap LOL

Comment

The marriage cert certainly is a mess!

The bride is Adelaide Mabel Morrison, she signs herself Ada which is how she appears on censuses. Her address (I think) is 2 Rosemount Terrace, Dublin and her father (I think) is Simpson G Morrison, clergyman.
                        The groom's address is 48 [?] Terrace, Dublin and his father is William Tait, farmer.

The marriage took place n the Union Chapel in the parish of St.[? Thomas], Dublin and the couple were married by S. G Simpson (presumably the bride's father). Witnesses were [?Henry] and Margaret Cochrane.

Comment

The Union Chapel is about 8.5 kilometres from where the bride lived in Booterstown. You will find it on google maps in Abbey Street Lower, just along from the Abbey Theatre. St. Thomas seems to be the civil parish rather than the ecclesiastical one.

Here is a helpful website. http://www.findlater.org.uk/Church.htm
                          Last edited by GallowayLass; 02-02-17, 00:52.

Comment

Originally posted by GallowayLass View Post
                            The marriage cert certainly is a mess!

The bride is Adelaide Mabel Morrison, she signs herself Ada which is how she appears on censuses. Her address (I think) is 2 Rosemount Terrace, Dublin and her father (I think) is Simpson G Morrison, clergyman.
                            The groom's address is 48 [?] Terrace, Dublin and his father is William Tait, farmer.

The marriage took place n the Union Chapel in the parish of St.[? Thomas], Dublin and the couple were married by S. G Simpson (presumably the bride's father). Witnesses were [?Henry] and Margaret Cochrane.
                            Agree with all the above. Think his address might be Arranmore Terrace. Yes first witness is Henry Cochrane DL - ie he was a Deputy Lieutenant.
                            More fully - Knight, DL and JP with large household in the 1901 census

The minister-cum-registrar was off his game that day wasn't he, with the scratchy pen and all the mistakes and crossings out?
                            Christine
                            Researching:

Comment

I think now that William's address was 48 Arranmore Terrace which in 1901 census is in Inn's Quay not far west from Abbey Street Lower. It does not exist in 1911 census.
                              no.48 was a lodging house.

Comment

We are cooking on gas tonight my dear LOL. Yer man Tait was well connected and no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather69 View Post

Regards,

Heather
                                  ancestry member aidanloughran has a private tree containing the following person. You might get a reply from him as he was only logged in yesterday.
                                  William Corbett (Rev. Dr.) Tait
                                  Born: 1848 in Down, Northern Ireland
                                  Last edited by GallowayLass; 02-02-17, 01:47.

Comment

Thank you all so much for all this information, I now have something to go on. If anyone finds anything else please let me know I would be so grateful.
                                    Regards,
                                    Heather

Comment

I have moved your thread to the 'Family History Research' section of our site.
                                      Julie
                                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank You, Heather

Comment

Working...
                                        X