1939 Register Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Register Query

A strange question, but is there a way in which I can get FMP to reveal the identity of a 'This record is officially Closed' entry in the 1939 Register .
    In the entry for my parents there is one of those such entries, now I know it is not me because I waited another few weeks before I appeared, I have now accounted for all the members of the family plus any aunts, uncles cousins etc, so my curiosity is now aroused as to who it could have been living with my parents just before I was born.
    DGJay

Afraid the answer is no as the only way to get the entry opened would be to offer evidence that the person in question is deceased, but of course if you could do this it would mean you already knew who the person was!
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I thought that as well, but I was thinking more of going down the Freedom of Information route, more biased towards the TNA....or is there any other route that I could take ?
      DGJay

Comment

Sorry DJ, but personal privacy overrules FoI. FoI is normally used for EVENTS which were of public interest or concern, not for private sensitive information.

OC

Comment

Could it have been someone, a non-family member, drafted in to assist with the birth?
          People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
          Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
            A strange question, but is there a way in which I can get FMP to reveal the identity of a 'This record is officially Closed' entry in the 1939 Register .
            In the entry for my parents there is one of those such entries, now I know it is not me because I waited another few weeks before I appeared, I have now accounted for all the members of the family plus any aunts, uncles cousins etc, so my curiosity is now aroused as to who it could have been living with my parents just before I was born.
            How have you managed to appear on the register? I assume you are not aged 100+ or deceased
            Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
              How have you managed to appear on the register? I assume you are not aged 100+ or deceased
              Margaret
              I think DJ means that he/she was born a few weeks later ...
              Caroline
              Caroline's Family History Pages
              Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Margaret
                I think DgJay means appeared on the scene (ie born) not appeared in the register

Comment

Snap!

Comment

Margaret
                    I took it to mean that he/she knows that the blanked out one wouldn't be them because they weren't born until a few weeks after the 1939 Register Margaret.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oops - double snap:D In my defence I'm the slowest typist.

Comment

Webwiz
                        Its a possibility, but when I thought that over I thought that if not a relative then a friend, but then they would have lived close by and not been living there.

Margaret
                        I assume it was not me as I wasn't born for another 3 weeks after the register was taken, so I am not in the register.

ps a double treble oops all those appeared whilst I was typing
                        Last edited by DgJay; 01-02-17, 08:18.
                        DGJay

Comment

Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by DgJay View Post
                            Webwiz
                            Its a possibility, but when I thought that over I thought that if not a relative then a friend, but then they would have lived close by and not been living there.

Margaret
                            I assume it was not me as I wasn't born for another 3 weeks after the register was taken, so I am not in the register.

ps a double treble oops all those appeared whilst I was typing
                            Sorry me being thick today:(

Might be a cousin or even a lodger to help with expenses - people did that a lot in those days.

Margaret

Comment

It could be anyone of course. I was surprised to see someone living briefly with my parents (who had only married earlier that year). I worked out that she was the daughter of a friend of my aunt. She was born in London and went back and married there 4 years later. I still have no idea why she was living there and she was working in a shop too.

Comment

I have accounted for all the aunts uncles cousins etc, either elsewhere, abroad or in the armed forces. And don't think it would be a lodger as my two siblings had only just been evacuated.
                                Only a 2 bedroom house, and I was born in the only room downstairs.
                                DGJay

Comment

Working...
                                X