William Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Field

My 2g-grandfather James E C Field is usually easy to spot when his middle initials are given. I have him in 1851, 1871, 1881, 1891 and 1901. Can anyone find him in 1841 or 1861?

On 15.3.1851 he married Matilda Thomas and his father was given as William, a blacksmith. However I cannot find any suitable character to be this William in 1841 or 1851, nor can I find a birth for James in 1825-26, the date implied by the ages given in the censuses. There is a John with a son James of the right age in the right place (Minster in Sheppey) in 1841 but he is not a blacksmith. Could be a relative.
    People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
    Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

In 1861 he appears to be with his sister in law Sophia (nee Thomas) and her husband John Antrim. Also there is the daughter Charlotte - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=7116457
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

And here is Matilda in 1861 with the other children - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...&rhSource=7619
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thanks Chrissie that's definitely him with the age wrong. If I could find him in 1841 he would hopefully be with his parents, my 3g-grandparents
        Last edited by webwiz; 27-01-17, 22:23.

Comment

Have you seen his baptism in the British Army BMD records on Ancestry? It gives his parents as William and Elizabeth, father a smith. There are two other baptisms with the same parents - Charles Philips Field (1823) and Elizabeth Hannah (1824)

No luck with 1841 yet
          Jackie

Comment

Should have called those records British Army and Navy Birth Marriage and Death Records.

I've also just spotted this.

The official archive of the UK government. Our vision is to lead and transform information management, guarantee the survival of today's information for tomorrow and bring history to life for everyone.
            Jackie

Comment

Thanks Jackie. I use FMP and don't have an Ancestry sub. So I now know that James' parents were William & Elizabeth so there is unlikely to be any further info in 1841. Now to search for the marriage to find Elizabeth's maiden name.

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
                Thanks Jackie. I use FMP and don't have an Ancestry sub. So I now know that James' parents were William & Elizabeth so there is unlikely to be any further info in 1841. Now to search for the marriage to find Elizabeth's maiden name.
                you can guess that the parents were William & Elizabeth, 1841 doesn't give relationships does it? you could also find relatives that are living close by by looking at the image for the census. :smilee:
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                X