Printing of newspaper article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing of newspaper article

Hi Not sure if t his is the right forum but I have identified an article on find my past from their newspaper records that I would like to print but unsure as to how to do this Can anyone help please?

Many thanks

Gill

Hello Gill

What I do is to 'snip' it, save the snip and print from that.

Julite

Comment

Yes, I have found the Windows snipping tool to be the best way for short articles. You can quickly save it as a JPEG file. Also, while you have it on the snipping screen you can 'write' on it with a marker supplied by the tool. I usually 'write' the name and date of the newspaper on the margin. Its a bit tricky with the mouse but it is readable and makes sure the title stays with the cutting! If it is a longer article you may need to print the whole page and (I think from memory) save it as a pdf file. I haven't found this to be quite so satisfactory.
      Anne

Comment

Thank you. Where would I find the "snipping" tool, I've never heard of it Thanks

Comment

I save my snip to a textbox in a MS word doc and then add newspaper title, date etc. I find this helpful when I find several short snippets about the same individual or event.

Download and open the image - it will be a PDF file. Then, under the edit tab, I click on take a snapshot and outline the section I want. I copy & paste that into my word doc.

Like all ICT operations, there are several ways of doing the same thing - the above method usually serves my purpose.

Jay
          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 09-01-17, 14:38.
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Gill what operating system do you have? Windows 10? Or something else?
            Anne

Comment

Hi Anne Yes I have Windows 10 Thank you

Comment

Great, in that case just search (type anywhere in the pane on the left where programs are listed) for 'snipping tool' once you have found you can right click and choose save to task bar (at the bottom) so it will be there ready for when you want it. Just do some experimenting as to how to use it, its very basic. You draw round what you want to snip and then choose 'save' to save a JPEG wherever you want. As I mentioned before you can draw on it before you save it.
                Anne

Comment

Originally posted by Anne in Carlisle View Post
                  Great, in that case just search (type anywhere in the pane on the left where programs are listed) for 'snipping tool' once you have found you can right click and choose save to task bar (at the bottom) so it will be there ready for when you want it. Just do some experimenting as to how to use it, its very basic. You draw round what you want to snip and then choose 'save' to save a JPEG wherever you want. As I mentioned before you can draw on it before you save it.
                  Anne
                  Once you have it as a jpeg in Windows you can click it open then click print which shows a box down the left side for you to choose size etc. the top of this box your printer name will show, click on the down arrow next to that and you get a list of options - choose Microsoft print to pdf to get it into that format if you prefer.

Margaret

Comment

Thank you. I have now managed to snip the article

Gill

Comment

I usually download the image of the newspaper page and store it on my computer and take a screen shot from that.

C
                      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 14-01-17, 20:21.
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                      X