Ancestry website down ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry website down ..

In case anyone is wondering, the Ancestry website seems to be down - WORLDWIDE!
    Ancestry are apparently working on it and have advised people to check back in an hour or two.
    Elaine

Thanks Elaine, I thought I'd check here if anyone was having problems and there was your post.

I was doing a loop de loop trying to remember if I had changed my password.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Yes, it's not recognising username/password - thought it better to put out a warning before people spend time trying to remember what they should be!
      Elaine

Comment

I can confirm that their user/password system is down and will not let you log in

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Glad it's not just me then,...Grrrr Typical when you just want to search for something while it's quiet!

Happy New Year to you all on here!
          teresa

Comment

It's back up now

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
              It's back up now
              I've just tried and I can't get back in!
              teresa

Comment

It's been working fine for me for the last few hours

Researching:

Comment

Bits working ok. Found my Gran in 1911 census ok but she is wrong in 1901. The transcription is correct as her name as given on the page by her grandfather is what is wrong. There is no option for me to add a correction which there should be.

Comment

How strange ... I was using Ancestry from about 1.30pm until 5.30pm today with no problems at all except that my customised home page was not available "due to high demand on the website". Then this evening from 7.30 to 9pm, again with no problems. Lucky me!
                    Anne
                    Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 02-01-17, 22:17.

Comment

Working...
                    X