Christine Farnhill b1916

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christine Farnhill b1916

I am trying to find out the names of Christine Farnhill's parents.

Christine was born 7th Jan. 1916 not sure where born.
    She married Herbert Peter Fisher Sept. 1956 Claro West Yorkshire.
    Herbert Peter Fisher b June 1921 Knaresborough Yorks.
    I have her death date as Feb. 2001 Claro West Yorkshire
    I have been looking on various sites with no luck and was wondering whether that she may have been married before.
    I would be grateful for any info.

Kind Regards

Tony Suter

On the 1939 register these is an Edith Farnhill, dob 30 8 24 living at 30 Chestnut Grove, Harrogate with Joseph and Amy D Farnhill. I recognise the christian name and dob is wrong but the register was amended at a later date giving surname Fisher and middle name Christina. I can't find a birth for Christina Farnhill or a marriage for Edith C Farnhill to Fisher nor a marriage of a Christine to unknown Farnhill but there is a birth for Edith C Farnhill q4 1924 and the marriage you have for Christine to Herbert Fisher in 1956.
    This Edith Christi(a)na Fisher died Q1 1998 registered Claro, Yorkshire dob 30 8 1924

I see the death registration for Christine Fisher born 1916 died 2001 registered in North Yorkshire district. How sure are you that this Christine is the one with mmn Farnhill who married Herbert P Fisher?
    Last edited by JudithM; 29-12-16, 11:11.
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I cannot see any Fisher/Farnhill children for 1966 +/- 10 years.

Do you know if they had children? If so their birth registrations would give her maiden name if it was different to Farnhill.

Margaret

Comment

There is a tree on ancestry with these people in it and the name of the tree is Farnell Name Tree - possible different spelling.

Margaret

Comment

The one that Judith found looks good and I believe that the parents marriage of that one is -
          Mar 1920 - Joseph W Farnhill to Amy D Richmond Knaresbro' Ref 9a 186

There are seven likely children of that marriage between 1921 and 1933 which I can't name because they may still be alive, apart from Edith Christine of course and Joan and Albert who are also on the 1919 register.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

A likely Amy Doris Richmond with family in 1901 -

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              The one that Judith found looks good and I believe that the parents marriage of that one is -
              Mar 1920 - Joseph W Farnhill to Amy D Richmond Knaresbro' Ref 9a 186

There are seven likely children of that marriage between 1921 and 1933 which I can't name because they may still be alive, apart from Edith Christine of course and Joan and Albert who are also on the 1919 register.
              The problem with that one is the date of birth is 8 years adrift and wrong day and month. The problem with the 1939 Register is that if the correct Christine Farnhill is on it but not noted as deceased then she will not come up on the search results.

The only way forward with this is to get the marriage certificate to see what she gave as her father's name.

Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                The problem with that one is the date of birth is 8 years adrift and wrong day and month.

Margaret
                Yes but that is only the case if Tony knows that the 2001 death is the person he is searching for. We need you to come back Tony and tell us what you know as fact and which of these people are definitely your family members.
                Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Well it's all a bit of a mystery - it will be good when we get some more info.

Margaret

Comment

Christine Farnhill b1916

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
                    On the 1939 register these is an Edith Farnhill, dob 30 8 24 living at 30 Chestnut Grove, Harrogate with Joseph and Amy D Farnhill. I recognise the christian name and dob is wrong but the register was amended at a later date giving surname Fisher and middle name Christina. I can't find a birth for Christina Farnhill or a marriage for Edith C Farnhill to Fisher nor a marriage of a Christine to unknown Farnhill but there is a birth for Edith C Farnhill q4 1924 and the marriage you have for Christine to Herbert Fisher in 1956.
                    This Edith Christi(a)na Fisher died Q1 1998 registered Claro, Yorkshire dob 30 8 1924

I see the death registration for Christine Fisher born 1916 died 2001 registered in North Yorkshire district. How sure are you that this Christine is the one with mmn Farnhill who married Herbert P Fisher?
                    Thank you Judith for being spot on with your research.
                    I have since receiving your thread been double checking my research and have also been on to the Ancestry site and looked into other peoples Farnhill research. I was busy checking for Christine Farnhill not realising that her name was in fact was Edith Christiana Farnhill which was very confusing. The dates of her birth and death that I gave were obviously wrong sorry about that, but the one's you have found match perfect.
                    Herbert Peter Fisher was my Great Aunt Elizabeth Amy Suter's Son so I know that all his dates that I have entered are correct.

Many Thanks for your great research.

Wishing you all at the Forum a Very Happy New Year

Tony Suter

Comment

Christine Farnhill b1916

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
                      I cannot see any Fisher/Farnhill children for 1966 +/- 10 years.

Do you know if they had children? If so their birth registrations would give her maiden name if it was different to Farnhill.

Margaret
                      Hello Margaret and thank you for your research into my query which has now been resolved.
                      I have been on the Ancestry site this afternoon looking at other peoples research and thanks to great research by you and your colleagues another brick wall demolished.

May I wish you all at The Family Tree Forum a Very Happy New Year

Thank You all again

Tony Suter

Comment

Christine Farnhill b 1916

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                        A likely Amy Doris Richmond with family in 1901 -
                        http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/78...&usePUBJs=true
                        Hello Chrissie and again thank you.

The research that yourself Judith and Margaret did for me on Christine Farnhill was brilliant.
                        You were spot on with your research, I never thought for one minute that her name would be Edith Christiana Farnhill.
                        Sorry if mislead you all with the dates that I submitted but as I was looking for a Christine Farnhill they were the only one's that I could get to match.
                        I have been on the Ancestry site today and have looked into other people's research on the name Farnhill so I now Know that what you have found is correct.
                        Herbert Peter Fisher whom she married was my Great Aunt Elizabeth Amy Suter's son so I know that all facts about him are correct also they never had children.

Thank you again for all your work and may I wish you all at the Family Tree Forum a Very Happy New Year.

Tony Suter

Comment

You are very welcome Tony Happy New Year to you and your family

Comment

Working...
                          X