Gilroes Cemetery, Leicester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilroes Cemetery, Leicester

Is anyone please able to find a numbered plan of Section J at Gilroes Cemetery, Leicester?

I have one that was included on a family history disk that I purchased some years ago but it is quite blurred so unable, without counting through each individual plot, to determine actual plot numbers. The overall plan of where sections are situated is ok.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Surely LCC have copies? I know they do for Whitwick as I have a copy of the burial plan.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I can't see any access to them on cemetery website.

Other sections I've looked at on disk seem to be ok, but not section J which I need to find a specific plot.

Comment

hmmn

Following a major improvement project in 2013, the crematorium is now the base for the city council's bereavement services. The building contains public toilets and facilities for record searching.
        not sure just how far you are from there..

I think that LCC have a bit of a cheek asking for £20!! for a search that could take 14 days!..

Historical burial and cremation records from Leicester City Council cemeteries and crematorium are now available online, making viewing records and downloading documents easy and affordable.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Have you tried phoning the cemetery to ask whether they have a plan LL?
          Gilroes Cemetery - Address: Groby Rd, Leicester LE3 9QG - Phone:0116 373 7325
          Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 29-12-16, 09:43.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks for info Julie and Chrissie

Comment

Working...
            X