Date of probate in Latin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date of probate in Latin

I'm looking at the probate of William Dappe of Newick, I can see 1st April I think but not sure of the year. Could someone with an Ancestry sub take a look and offer an opinion please?

Originally posted by Jill on the A272 View Post
    I'm looking at the probate of William Dappe of Newick, I can see 1st April I think but not sure of the year. Could someone with an Ancestry sub take a look and offer an opinion please?

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/51...1_311269-00522
    Hi
    I think the will was written in 1608 & proved in 1609.
    Moggie

Comment

I think the date of probate is April 1609, but my latin is quite rusty, hopefully someone else will confirm.

Snap - at least confirms what I thought!
      Last edited by ozgirl; 17-12-16, 11:39.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Thankyou, that's very helpful, I had a choice of burials at Newick for him (1609 or 1615). His widow Margarett also left a will and she names her daughter Ann as the wife of John Page of Fletching which knits in perfectly with what I have already found out about OH's Pages but contradicts several online trees. Today we were half a mile or so from where he lived, dense fog meant that we didn't risk the walk down the lane to the farmhouse but stayed in the pub at Piltdown for a very good lunch instead.

Comment

Definitely 1st April 1609, Jill. I double-checked with the next will, which is also 1609.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thankyou Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
            X