James Colenutt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Colenutt

Hi! I am looking for some information about James Colenutt and maybe a photo if this is possible.
    My information about him are these:
    Name: James Colenutt
    Birth: 5 Oct 1879
    Birth place: Lewes, Sussex England
    Death: 24 Dec 1899
    Death place: Patra, Greece
    Cause of death: he was drowned
    He wan an AB in HMS Caesar.

Thanks for your attention!!

Originally posted by Ania View Post
    Hi! I am looking for some information about James Colenutt and maybe a photo if this is possible.
    My information about him are these:
    Name: James Colenutt
    Birth: 5 Oct 1879
    Birth place: Lewes, Sussex England
    Death: 24 Dec 1899
    Death place: Patra, Greece
    Cause of death: he was drowned
    He wan an AB in HMS Caesar.

Thanks for your attention!!
    Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. Where have you already looked?

Margaret

Comment

Hi Margaret, thank you!
      I 've looked in www.ancestry.com

Comment

Well if you put his name and year of birth in the search boxes you will find some census details come up with him living with his parents and family.
        I can see 1881 and 1891 straight away.

You would most likely only get a photo if someone else has one of him in their tree. If he was in the Merchant Navy some records are held in the National Archives which include photos of the men.

I presume he was not married?

Margaret

Comment

You can download a copy of his service records from the National Archives website for a small fee (£3.45). If you look on this page it tells you the type of information those records might contain and gives examples of what they might look like

What are these records? Available here are over 700,000 Royal Navy service records for ratings who entered the service between 1853 and 1928. Some of the records cover periods of service up to at least 1950. The original records are in four series at The National Archives: continuous service engagement books from 1853 to 1872, […]
          Jackie

Comment

There are several Colenuts born on the Isle of Wight. My Great grandmother's sister married a Colenut and lived in Ventnor.
            Try the IOW FHS as they have BMDs transcribed online.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Margaret! I did find informatio, thank you! I did a research in the Royal Navy and I find a copy of his servis but I didn't find a photo. No, he wasn't married..
              Jackie hi! I did download a copy and I found a lot of information! Thank you!
              Wendy thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X