Confused.com! - The Cassidys of Makenny, N. Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused.com! - The Cassidys of Makenny, N. Ireland

I am somewhat bewildered by a couple of recent finds - the first I will have to sort myself as it is a UK census 1861 Liverpool - if it is correct it may well explain why they were so elusive as a family in Ireland! - they may or may not be the ones I am looking for BUT also I have found an Irish record and I am not entirely sure what info it is giving me - is it a marriage, baptism or ? - ancestry doesn't say what type of record:
    Discover your family history and build a family tree with the world’s largest genealogy website. Search birth records, census data, obituaries and more!

There is more than one Cassidy on this page and I think more than one may be mine. I am particularly interested in what the record for Francis Cassidy and Nora (Honora) McQuaid is - is it a marriage, birth of child or ? - any words of wisdom gratefully received - I am assuming whatever event it was took place in Makenny, Co. Tyrone (parish of Kilskeery) and I think, but am not sure, that there is more than one event on the same page for the Cassidys. Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 15-12-16, 14:50.

I read this as a record of the baptism of Micael Cassidy, born 29 June, parents Francis Cassidy and Notty McQuaid, living in Mecany, baptised 30 June by C Smollun sponsors name Ellina Taque?
    Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

It's a baptism record for Micah (I think, could be Michael) Cassidy, son of Francis and Notty McQuaid of Mecany(sic) born on 29 Jun 1878, bap on 30 Jun. I think the sponsor was Ellina Tague.

Snap Judith!
      Last edited by ozgirl; 15-12-16, 16:04.
      Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

I posted the above and forgot I had done so - I don't get notifications of a reply (perhaps that doesn't happen anyway) and do I apologise for not replying sooner.
        You are absolutely correct as I could see it when I looked again.
        However, things have taken a downward turn with regard to the Tree - I am only on a months membership for ancestry but I am going to have to be putting the Tree back on ancestry - looked at the Cassidys today and Francis Cassidy and his sons had gone - just disappeared - I could not believe it and then I looked at another lot and they had gone - it has taken me years to get as far as I have and have used researcher at times because a) not very good at Irish researching and b) am growing some cataracts which will have to be done soon - use computer with spotlight and for reading small stuff with magnifying glass. I really am incandescent with ancestry - all that hard work and it looks as though I am going to have to a lot of it again. What was this latest re-shuffle of ancestry all about I wonder? It is a shame that it is the only research website that I find really usable (cannot get my head round FMP at all) but it is not the first time things have gone wrong after a massive re-vamp. I don't think they will be in any doubt how I feel about it as I sent them a message - I need to find a new hobby now - perhaps I will take up cross-country running - Sue

Comment

Working...
        X