Hospital records for early 1800's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospital records for early 1800's

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some information as to whether there are any patient records for Charing Cross Hospital from 1845.

my 2x gt grandfather Henry Guy who died on 31st Dec 1845 of 'ulcerated cartilages of the knee and ankle joints P.m. Certified' according to his death certificate I have. The informer was a sister at Charing Cross Hospital.

if anyone's able to help I would be very grateful.

thanks in anticipation

Caroline

According to the Hospital database on the National Archives website, patient records are only available from 1885 onwards.
    The Hospital Records (HOSPREC) Database was the result of a collaborative project between the Wellcome Library and The National Archives to bring together information about the existence and location of the records of UK hospitals. This information includes: the administrative details of the hospitals, and their status or type the location and covering dates of […]
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I was hoping to find something for 1845 but maybe it's a bit too early for records to have been kept. I was hoping to find out more info on Henry Guy and his circumstances for being there and how long etc!

Comment

It's less about records being kept (at the time) and more about subsequent archiving / binning policies.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
        X