Death Dates for John and Hannah Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Dates for John and Hannah Gold

Trying to find out when both John and Hannah gold died.

John Gold was born in Froxfield Hampshire abt.1795
    Married Hannah Suter 19th May 1835 in East Meon Hampshire.
    Hannah Suter was born 12th April 1812.
    The 1841 and 1851 Census records show their address at The Wheatsheaf and their occupations are Beershop keepers.

I have looked at the sites on FMP, Ancestry and Rootsweb but can't find any reference regarding their death dates.

I would be very grateful for any information.

Kind Regards

Anthony Suter

Is it possible that Hannah remarried - although at the moment cannot see a death for John.

Marriages Mar 1857
    Amey John
    Gold Hannah
    Petersfield 2c 179

The other two names on the freeBMD entry are Sarah Halls and George Marriner - and there is a tree on Ancestry which indicates that they married each other.

There is an 1861 census of a John Amey with wife Hannah.
    Hannah born c1816 Petersfield, which is the same info for her as per 1851 census.
    Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Class: RG 9; Piece: 700; Folio: 136; Page: 7; GSU roll: 542687
    Elaine

Comment

There is a burial in Steep in 1856 for a John Gold, but age is given as 71 which would mean year of birth c1785. Cannot see a corresponding death registration in the GRO index.
      1851 census for Steep doesn't show another John Gold living there.

Elaine

Comment

I think some Hampshire parish registers have recently been added to The Genealogist website so might be worth checking there. I believe there is a freebie one month subscription being advertised at the moment - if you do sign up just make sure you cancel before the end of the free month!

Have just done a search and it seems that the burial parish register for John Gold, 1856, is available. If there is an address or occupation on the record then it might help to confirm / eliminate. (Sorry, not currently subscribed.)
        Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          There is a burial in Steep in 1856 for a John Gold, but age is given as 71 which would mean year of birth c1785. Cannot see a corresponding death registration in the GRO index.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....pburials-G.htm
          Elaine

I looked earlier but didn't find much like you, I wondered if his name might have been put down as GOULD/GOWLD? didn't look as have to go and walk the dog.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....pburials-G.htm
            ooh

freebmd

Deaths Mar 1856
            Gould John Petersfield 2c 77

Name: John Gould
            Registration Year: 1856
            Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
            Registration district: Petersfield
            Inferred County: Hampshire
            Volume: 2c
            Page: 77
            Last edited by Darksecretz; 10-12-16, 21:21.
            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
              freebmd
              Deaths Mar 1856
              Gould John Petersfield 2c 77
              Thought I had tried Gould as an alternative, obviously not!
              The GRO index gives his age at death as 75, so still a bit older than we would like.
              Still worth checking the burial entry on The Genealogist to see if there are any other clues.
              Elaine

Comment

Thought I had tried Gould as an alternative, obviously not!
                The GRO index gives his age at death as 75, so still a bit older than we would like.
                Still worth checking the burial entry on The Genealogist to see if there are any other clues.
                True, but we all know that the info is only as good as the person knew. :smilee:

been pondering that free month myself.
                Julie

Comment

?????

Freereg2 has a baptism for a John Gold at All Saints, Steep on 23 Jan 1785, with a note that he was born 4 Jan 1785 ......

father William, Mother Sarah

Search your ancestry with FreeREG. FreeREG provides free online access to transcriptions of birth, marriage and burial records from Church of England and Church of Scotland registers. You can also use FreeREG to discover: non-Conformist records from England, Scotland and Wales, Municipal Cemetary records, Memorial records and documents relating to life events out of country, at sea and in the military.

There is not a baptism noted for either Gold or Gould between 1785 and 1800
                  My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Hello Elaine,

just to say thank you for your research which I am very grateful for. I also wondered whether Hannah had remarried going by the age difference, I did also check the variants in the name Gold, Gould etc. but proberbly mistakenly rejected it due to the age difference. Good idea of yours regarding The Genealogist freeby I think that I will give it a try and like you say cancel before the end of the month.
                    What I didn't mention and whether makes any difference was that John Gold's father was the Bailiff in Froxfield and that John and Hannah also lived in the Bailiffs house before moving to Steep where according to the 1841 and 1851 census they were Beershop Keepers at The Wheatsheaf, Steep.

Kind Regards

Anthony Suter

Comment

Hello Julie,

Just to say thank you for your research with Elaine regarding John Gold which I am very grateful for. I have sent Elaine a reply thanking her also for her research sorry for not mentioning your name in the reply when thanking her but thought that I would thank you separately.

Kind Regards

Anthony Suter

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Suter View Post
                        Hello Julie,

Just to say thank you for your research with Elaine regarding John Gold which I am very grateful for. I have sent Elaine a reply thanking her also for her research sorry for not mentioning your name in the reply when thanking her but thought that I would thank you separately.

Kind Regards

Anthony Suter
                        thank you

That's quite ok Tony, just nice to be able to help a fellow family historian! :smilee:
                        Julie

Comment

Working...
                        X