MacKiev FTM 2014.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacKiev FTM 2014.1

I recently purchased this as an upgrade to my older ftm 2012. It works fine on Windows 10 and I am having absolutely no problems with it.

I do have a question concerning the files created on installation. FTM 2012 installed and saved everything to Documents/Family Tree Maker and I am using this also for the 2014.1 version simply because all my stuff is there. However, I now have a folder called Documents/Software MacKiev/Family Tree Maker which is obviously where the new program would have saved everything. This folder contains 3 files called Backgrounds, Embellishments, and Templates. Since these contain far more than my old program, can I copy them into the folder I'm using in Documents/Family Tree Maker? It contains the same folder titles with less content.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Anneh

Personally I would leave them in separate folders, you will then know which folders belong to which version of the program.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I have been working with the new FTM for a couple of weeks now and everything is in the original folder from the old version except the 3 files noted in my original post. This is why I was asking about transferring the 3 files.

Anneh

Comment

If everything else is in the old folder then I can't see it's going to do much harm. If you are really concerned then I would contact Mackiev support - http://www.mackiev.com/support_ftm.html
        Elaine

Comment

I have just updated FTM2014 to MacKiev FTM 2014.1 using the link in an email from them and the three folders in question are in the program folder
          C:\Program Files\Software MacKiev\Family Tree Maker 2014. The Documents folder Software MacKiev\Family Tree Maker simply contains my .ftm files, Media folders and logs.

However, there must be a reason for their existence and I would also suggest just leaving them alone

David

Comment

Working...
          X