Births in South Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Births in South Australia

From what I have discovered so far I think the answer to this is going to be a resounding NO but....

Is there anywhere I can search on the internet to try and find a birth date for a relative back in the early 1950's.
    DGJay

You could always search the newspapers on Trove (http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper) to see if there was a birth notice.

Otherwise there might be something in this list that might help

Last edited by Macbev; 02-12-16, 17:24.

Beverley

Comment

Australian births are sealed for 100 years.

Comment

Thank you both, looks like I shall never find his birth. Theory says I will be long gone before 2050....
        DGJay

Comment

Still worth while trawling through the newspapers.....fortunately, there was no 100 year limit applied to proud parents announcing the arrival of their off spring

Beverley

Comment

I did try TROVE with no success, wouldn't think the parents would have done such a thing anyway as they had only just immigrated to Adelaide SA
            DGJay

Comment

Were the grandparents still in the UK? It might be worth, especially if they lived in a more rural town/village, looking to see if proud grandparents posted an announcement in their local paper.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

They lived in London, but even so they were both dead before the immigration took place.
                DGJay

Comment

Working...
                X