Scotlands people birth records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlands people birth records

Hi Everyone, unlike Free BMD England, Scotlands People do not have the facility of tracing births via the mothers maiden name, therefor impossible to find births where the childs first name and specific area are not known.
    Adam Gray married Annie Elizabeth Boyd in 1930 in the Glasgow area, Motherwell, Dalziel, Lanark, Hamilton.
    How do I find any children born to this couple?
    Thanks.
    Toby.

I can see how tricky this can be.
    The only trick I use sometimes is to use the mother's maiden name in the forename column on SP as in Scotland the child's middle name would often be the mum's maiden name.
    Also naming patterns may help - 1st son named after paternal grandfather etc
    At least you can search SP indexes free now which may help.

Easiest way would be a visit to Edinburgh to go through their records. However GRAY is a very common, name my hubby has direct line Grays in the Lanarkshire area and I have found them difficult
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Thanks Herky, I will have a browse around and see if I can find something.
      Cheers.
      Toby.

Comment

Another trick that might help is to look for DEATHS which has a field for MMN - in your case after 1930 for GRAY with mother's maiden name BOYD. This might reveal some individuals

Comment

Thanks Bertie, will give that a go, see if I can get lucky!
          Cheers.
          Toby.

Comment

Working...
          X